By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dualshock 3

Sorry if there's already a thread about this. (If there is, link please!)

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2850.html

"Okay, here's what you already know: 1. the Dual Shock 2 controller for the PS2 eventually came in multiple colors, including black and silver. 2. The Dual Shock 3 for the PS3 shipped this past week and is now available in most stores. 3. Japan typically gets all the designer colors (and the US gets next to nothing in comparison); we haven't even seen that Ceramic White or Satin Silver PS3. Ah, but what you probably didn't know is that we have two color choices for our new DS3 right off the bat!

Sony failed to mention it, but as you can see by these pics, the Dual Shock 3 comes in both black and silver. As expected, they are a bit heavier, but the general look and feel of the controller is basically identical to the Sixaxis. The Sixaxis, by the way, is getting phased out in retail stores; once all stock is depleted, it will be gone forever and the DS3 will take its place. We just like the idea of finally having a bit of a choice when it comes to cosmetic appeal. Black is classic, of course, but silver has a nice little kick to it, don't you think?

We're also wondering if this is a prelude of things to come... It usually makes sense to have the controller match the console - in Japan, you can match white DS3s and white PS3s, for example - so could this mean a silver PS3 is on the way? We're just speculating, but it'd be great if we could have another choice of color for our console."

Finally! I'm gonna get a silver one for a change. Do you guys care about having a choice, or is it nice to have a different color for a change? Lets hope Europe gets this too!

Around the Network

I'm happy with the black one that I got from Japan. i don't have any white electronics, the closest is my silver topped laptop

I like the silver one.................My friend got it from japan

^_^

They've hit shelves already!?!

*runs to all stores in my area looking for one*

From what I've guessed, they've shipped early, and stores can sell them immediately after they get them, but I don't thing all the shops have them yet.

Around the Network

Yeah I saw the black one at my local target but no white one

^_^

Bah. I just checked GameStop.com, and all but my favorite GS near me have them. I'm tempted to wait just to give the ones I like my money.

I checked all the stores around me, and none of them have it yet...

It's out?
Is it REALLY?!
Wal-mart here I come. =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

GameStop.com says "In Stock as of 8 AM EST" so if they got them in today it wouldn't show it on the website.