By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New ARMS characters: Twintelle, Byte & Bark, Kid Cobra

Twintelle was an instant crush for me. When she sips her tea that's when I knew she was my waifu

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Twintelle was an instant crush for me. When she sips her tea that's when I knew she was my waifu <3

I'd say that Min Min is my favourite so far. She's an Asian that can use her legs to fight!

VGPolyglot said:
guiduc said:
Twintelle was an instant crush for me. When she sips her tea that's when I knew she was my waifu <3

I'd say that Min Min is my favourite so far. She's an Asian that can use her legs to fight!

They'll sure be my two mains! 

guiduc said:
VGPolyglot said:

They'll sure be my two mains! 

When I play fighting games, I generally tend to not have a main and shake things up instead.

I sort of feel looking at the rest of the cast, they may have done the game a disservice introducing us to just the plain looking designs of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. They aren't bad but don't really have much life in terms being attention grabbers nor that memorable in terms of abilities.

All the other designs from Ninjara to Byte and Barq have been a lot more interesting, although I will concede Master Mummy is debatable.

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
I sort of feel looking at the rest of the cast, they may have done the game a disservice introducing us to just the plain looking designs of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. They aren't bad but don't really have much life in terms being attention grabbers nor that memorable in terms of abilities.

All the other designs from Ninjara to Byte and Barq have been a lot more interesting, although I will concede Master Mummy is debatable.

I think they focused on them first because they have a very clean and clear design to them, something suited well to the mascot/cover art position as opposed to these other characters that are more eccentric but also therefore more likely to only appeal to a subset of the potential audience.  Just like Tracer is nowhere near as crazy looking as some other characters in Overwatch, but she's still the defacto mascot and cover art character because her design is more universal.  And I think Spring Man and Ribbon Girl do fit that position rather well.  

https://youtu.be/_ReIH2fglE0

Not a big fan on Twintelle to be honest, but I do like Byte and Barq, their clockwork design is kinda cool.

Nuvendil said:
NoirSon said:

I think they focused on them first because they have a very clean and clear design to them, something suited well to the mascot/cover art position as opposed to these other characters that are more eccentric but also therefore more likely to only appeal to a subset of the potential audience.  Just like Tracer is nowhere near as crazy looking as some other characters in Overwatch, but she's still the defacto mascot and cover art character because her design is more universal.  And I think Spring Man and Ribbon Girl do fit that position rather well.  

I think that's true for most fighting or shooter games with competitive multiplayer. Mario from Smash, Ryu from Street Fighter, Kyo from KoF, and Pikachu and Lucario from Pokken, for example, aren't necessarily the sexy picks but they rep their respective games for the general audience. It's also like the Splattershot weapon in Splatoon. Not the best weapon nor the most popular, but the most recognized out of all the weapons in Splatoon.

Not interested in this game but I really like the robo guy and his robo dog.