By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Waiting to play AC: Unity was the best thing ever.

I've played every AC up until unity.  

Played them all on ps3 up until AC3 but that was a chore to complete.  

Black flag was a breath of fresh air. I got rogue for $10 on sale last year and loved it. Then on black friday I got unity also for $10. Only just got around to starting it there.  

So why am I so happy?  

1. Got the game so cheap 

2. A million bugs and performance issues are fixed 

3. I have the Pro so the frame rate is as smooth as butter. 

4. The game is awesome. 

So yeah you can really tell there was no last gen version.  The game is a proper next gen Assassin’s Creed in gameplay and graphics.  Story is awesome so far.  Especially the opening chapter that leads on from the end of rogue.  The way they did it I got goosebumps. The online co-op is good aswell. 

Sometimes it really pays off to wait. After this I'll probably get Syndicate later in the year on a black friday sale.  Hopefully $10 again.  And late next year I'll probably get the Egyptian one on sale. 

Around the Network

I have copy of Black Flag on Uplay that I got for free like a year ago. I've been told it's it's the best one since the Triliogy. Just haven't made time to play it yet.

I want to get back into the AC franchise. I might start with AC4 since it should be a bargain now.

I wish I did the same thing. It was a pain in the ass playing it at launch. I even avoided running on streets as the game would sererely drop frames and eventually even completely freeze.

But I learned my lesson: will always wait 6~9 months for Ubi games since their prices drop like a rock and they keep patching bugs.

Anyway, I'd love to play Unity on Pro. How does it performs? I'd be happy even with locked 30fps...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

FIT_Gamer said:
I have copy of Black Flag on Uplay that I got for free like a year ago. I've been told it's it's the best one since the Triliogy. Just haven't made time to play it yet.

Black flag is an awesome pirate game.  Well worth it. 

PotentHerbs said:
I want to get back into the AC franchise. I might start with AC4 since it should be a bargain now.

Yeah AC4, rogue and then unity.  Play them in that order.  Well worth it. 

LipeJJ said:
I wish I did the same thing. It was a pain in the ass playing it at launch. I even avoided running on streets as the game would sererely drop frames and eventually even completely freeze.

But I learned my lesson: will always wait 6~9 months for Ubi games since their prices drop like a rock and they keep patching bugs.

Anyway, I'd love to play Unity on Pro. How does it performs? I'd be happy even with locked 30fps...

Performance is superb on the Pro.  Stable frame rate and awesome graphics.  Add that to good gameplay and story and we got a winner! 

Around the Network

So, does that mean you've become a patient gamer? I've been one for a long time, but that's mainly because I can't afford to get games at full price!

regardless of improved performance, I think the real complaint about the latest installments of Assassin's Creed its just more of the same and sort of heartless. If any series could use an overhaul it's that one. Even the maps in Assassin Creed games are sort of a headache to look at. Too formulaic 

Its like a better AC1, IMHO Syndicate is much better.

Sorry bad it had the most generic opening I've ever seen.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Kerotan said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Black flag is an awesome pirate game.  Well worth it. 

PotentHerbs said:

Yeah AC4, rogue and then unity.  Play them in that order.  Well worth it. 

LipeJJ said:

Performance is superb on the Pro.  Stable frame rate and awesome graphics.  Add that to good gameplay and story and we got a winner! 

I'm glad to hear the performance is stable. And yes, the story and the gameplay are both good, I don't understand the hate for this game (aside from technical issues at launch). Maybe I'll play it again one day. ^^ 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won