By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 100 Countries Ranked In Terms Of Gaming Revenue...

Top 100 Countries Ranked In Terms Of Gaming Revenue; China and USA Dominate

Revenue from video games in 2017 is dominated by China and The United States of America.

Newzoo has released its new report that ranks the top 100 countries based on global game revenue estimates for 2017.

According to Newzoo, the estimates are based on a combination of primary consumer research, transactional data, quarterly company reports, and census data. Further, the revenues are based on consumer revenues generated by companies in the global games industry and exclude hardware sales tax, business-to-business services, and online gambling and betting revenues.

All of that being said — like previous reports — China has once again found itself atop the list for 2017 with an estimated $27.55 billion in revenue. Meanwhile, right behind China is The United States at $25 billion. After the top two there is a substantial drop in revenue, with Japan in third with $12.5 billion, and then another substantial drop, with Germany in fourth at $4.4 billion, and the UK rounding out the top five at $4.2 billion.

Making up the rest of the top ten, in descending order, is: Republic of Korea, France, Canada, Spain, and then Italy.

It’s worth noting that China’s population (1.38 billion) is far larger than the population of the US (326 million); therefore when looking at revenue on a per-person basis, the US actually beats out China.

Go to the link below to view the Top 100 and see where your country ranks (courtesy of Newzoo).

http://www.dualshockers.com/top-100-countries-ranked-terms-gaming-revenue-china-comes-number-one-usa-number-two/

Around the Network

So, Spain has a bigger market than Italy, despite having over 10 million less people and a smaller per-capita GDP? I'm surprised. However, apparently Canada is bigger than both of them!

Jeez the formatting is a mess

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:
Whoa, those flags are way too big. You should go through and shrink or remove them.

He probably just copy and pasted, I don't think he's really going to go through the effort of shrinking/removing them.

Really? Venezuela the 4th and 5th largest South american and Latin american market, respectively. That's damn dissapointing from the rest Latin America.
It would be nice to see a similar list but by dev revenues (by country).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Suprising to see Korea in 5th, it's a place where pc bans are huge, but people tend to stick to competitive games for a long time. 

Captain_Yuri said:

Just edited by redirecting to the orginal link.  Sorry it took a while.  Got busy.

LivingMetal said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Just edited by redirecting to the orginal link.  Sorry it took a while.  Got busy.

No worries

Yayy Canada is in the top 10

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Someone add up all the european countries on the list, and compair it to the american one?

Going by this chart, the "others" section should be the biggest HW and SW sellers in the weekly chart! I know it's nothing like an exact science but i thought it made interesting reading. A lot of the countries towards the top i guess for gaming are emerging markets. I wouldn't be surprised to see future charts here with the headings:- China, Americas, Europe, Japan, India, Others.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!