By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming PC price inquiry. Please help!

vivster said:
The build itself is fine, though it wastes a lot of money on CPU and MB. Those two things are the pieces you can save the most when going for value.

If you're on a budget never go for an i7 and for the mainboard, just pick the cheapest one that still satisfies your needs. Generally all savings from cheaper components go into your GPU, of which you just pick the best one you can afford.

It's hard to properly consult you without any of the important details like budget and what games you intend to play.

What vivster said, CPU and Motherboard are too pricey, especially considered their age. At that price, you could as well pick an i7 6700 with a cheaper Motherboard

As for the bolded part, see below

Uabit said:

Find a part seller and go for an i5-6600 and RX580 or GTX 1060, 16gb of ram and a decent psu (at least 80plus certified). With that you'll be able to play most games at 1080/60+fps with ultra settings. Many part vendors offer themselves to build the pc for you so go for that if you don't want to build it yourself.

I guess it'll cost you about 750$ or so including the 50$ building price (if you look for good prices on places such as newegg). The Windows license you can borrow from our friend Jack Sparrow (unless you want to pay 80 bucks for a legit copy), you could also use grey market and buy a 10$ license from G2A or the likes.

Add 150$ on top of that for a monitor + kb+m. So yeah for 900$ you could get a PC that destroys the PS4, PS4 Pro and XB1. A bit expensive on the short run but with free multiplayer and cheap games much cheaper than consoles on the long run.

I wouldn't buy an i5 anymore unless I want to upgrade it in the next 2 years anyway. More and more games make use of more than 4 threads, so 4cores/4threads are bound to fall back in a short time. 15Gigs of RAM however, is also something I would consider minimum at this time and age for a gaming PC, as 8Gigs will fill up very fast and are even seen sometimes already as minimum requirements of some games.

I cannot endorse the bolded part in any way. Yes, windows doesn't come cheap, but pirating is something I condone strongly. Besides, there's always the possibility that your pirated or cheap gray market copy will not work anymore after some windows update (or simply can't update at all, leaving you with an old OS pretty fast), meaning you will have to buy a copy later on anyway.

Something you could consider also would be the new AMD Ryzen processors. The R5 1500X is much cheaper than a Core i7 but not much weaker, especially if the graphics card is the limiting factor (which is most of the time, especially in higher then full HD resolutions and settings high and above), but like the i7 comes with 8 threads, making it more future-proof than an i5. Including a B350 Motherboard those 2 together will cost less than 300$

Around the Network

How did you even find a 3770 and z77 at this day and age? lol