Sweden 4 3.03%

United Kingdom 5 3.79%

Moldova 9 6.82%

Other 12 9.09%

See Results 48 36.36%

Total:132
okr said:
You guys actually watch that crap?

you actually came to the thread to post crap?

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Congratulations, your country made an amazing job. Our entry was pretty lame but this Portuguese success is gonna make Spain get better because all the excuses about "everything is politics" or "you need generous neighbours to win" etc have no effect anymore, portugal winning is a change of narrative, the best thing it could happen.

I can't agree with you on Hungary,  it was one of my favourites and it did great (8th), Belgium was actually 4th not second, but that's a great place anyway, way better than what the people thought after the first semifinal. She has a great future. 

She was fourth but i wanted she to get second, it was my favourite song from the contest :S

Neogaf salt is something else holy shit xD

Neogaf is salty about everything but let them be, this was one of the most epic victories of the history of the contest, both for juries and televote, there are no excuses, Portugal was the best.

I was rooting for portugal so Im happy it won.

Moldova & Romania songs where pretty good (epic sax guy & yodling girl).
Glad the Italy song didnt win, I didnt like it much.

Here's an interesting coincidence...

My country, Greece won Eurovision for the first time in kiev 2005, after taking Euro 2004.
Portugal wins Eurovision for the first time in kiev 2017, after taking Euro 2016.

I just saw our number, what the hell. Absolutely disgraceful. That guy is going to become the next meme until the next Eurovision.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I think Germany had a horrible song

You think Portugal's song was great. You know nothing.

And okr is right that it is crap. There's hardly ever a song that makes you think that you'd like to listen to the whole thing again and the majority of the songs are garbage bin material that makes you wish that the limit for song length should get reduced from three minutes to two minutes.

Portuguese song was wonderful and Salvador Sobral the most talented man there, don't get into territories you know nothing about.

This year Belgium ,Portugal, Italy, Azerbaijan, Hungary and Norway were good songs, in fact Belgium song was a huge success in itunes and it will be more soon, Italy song has like 120 milion visitis on yotube and Portuguese song has been in the charts of half europe for the past weeks despite how far from mainstream the song is. I know Eurovision has mostly weak songs, but problem is when people that don't nothing about music to begging with can't even see the ones that are obviously good. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I just saw our number, what the hell. Absolutely disgraceful. That guy is going to become the next meme until the next Eurovision.

Some on neogaf are saying in spain was a robbery to make the guy the winner.

I wouldn't be surprised. But now the guy is going to become a living meme. I can't imagine all the rooster jokes coming to him right now...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RolStoppable said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Portuguese song was wonderful and Salvador Sobral the most talented man there, don't get into territories you know nothing about.

This year Belgium ,Portugal, Italy, Azerbaijan, Hungary and Norway were good songs, in fact Belgium song was a huge success in itunes and it will be more soon, italy song has like 120 milion visitis on yotube. I know Eurovision has mostly weak songs, but problem is when people that don't nothing about music to begging with can't even see the ones that are obviously good. 

I think the problem is that I value music too much when it comes to songs.

I think you know way less than you think. You even think portuguese song was bad. Case closed.

It's the first time that my personal favorite won. :)

After the mediocre performance of Gabbani, it was already quite clear that Portugal would be first and Bulgaria second.

Flilix said:
It's the first time that my personal favorite won. :)

After the mediocre performance of Gabbani, it was already quite clear that Portugal would be first and Bulgaria second.

Belgium was the incognita, because despite how good is the press hated her because she looked scared... she is supposed to look scare you idiots. Thankfully Europe undertood it, 4th place was great.