By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Updated: Far Cry 5 announced, set in Modern Montana

Bullshit. I remember that survey they sent out ages back that people could vote in and this option here.

- A Far Cry game in the present day, set in a Jurassic Park Style island of dinosaurs

Got the most votes by a vast margin. What's the point even doing a survey if they're going to just ignore the top choice that people wanted?

Around the Network

More spaghetti western games the merrier.

People are forgetting that despite RDR2 coming out, it's not remotely been hinted or announced for PC, so if anything, Ubisoft's game can appeal to those wanting their spaghetti western fix there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I can see the headlines now: This is a Far Cry from Red Dead Redemption 2.

The PS5 Exists. 

shikamaru317 said:

I'll admit, I did totally forget about that. At the very least then, this game will sell well on PC, possibly even better than the previous Far Cry games depending on how badly PC gamers want their "western fix" so to speak. Performance on consoles will depend on release timing, they need to either get it out a month or more before RDR2, or at least 3 months after RDR2 imo.

As long as they don't reelase it in a buggy state, slice up content and charge for an expensive season pass and slap Denuvo on top, then I can imagine it doing well on PC. 

Considering that they never sold the original RDR on PC and they just recently killed a total conversion mod that aimed at bringing RDR to PC, I'd say the FC spaghetti western game is all there is to roll with. They should totally release it after RDR2 like you said, as well as spending the time needed to make sure it runs smoothly at launch.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'll admit, I did totally forget about that. At the very least then, this game will sell well on PC, possibly even better than the previous Far Cry games depending on how badly PC gamers want their "western fix" so to speak. Performance on consoles will depend on release timing, they need to either get it out a month or more before RDR2, or at least 3 months after RDR2 imo.

As long as they don't reelase it in a buggy state, slice up content and charge for an expensive season pass and slap Denuvo on top, then I can imagine it doing well on PC. 

Considering that they never sold the original RDR on PC and they just recently killed a total conversion mod that aimed at bringing RDR to PC, I'd say the FC spaghetti western game is all there is to roll with. They should totally release it after RDR2 like you said, as well as spending the time needed to make sure it runs smoothly at launch.

farcry 4 actually had a smooth launch, little to no bugs and ran well. same with Farcry Primal. and they didnt cut out content and charge for an expensive season pass. the DLC was very much an extension to the game, rather than a main part of it. and the game had a lot of worthwhile content to justify its price. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

farcry 4 actually had a smooth launch, little to no bugs and ran well. same with Farcry Primal. and they didnt cut out content and charge for an expensive season pass. the DLC was very much an extension to the game, rather than a main part of it. and the game had a lot of worthwhile content to justify its price. 

Let's hope Ubisoft keep it that way from here on in.

Well... i got Far cry primal recently for dirty cheap. The setting interested me. I heard good things about Farcry 3 from a friend, but i still haven't played so i don't have a good grasp on the series yet.

But, doing a western next to Redemption 2 seems to be suicide. If it is, they really have to release it before redemption 2 or just keep it in the backburner for another year.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Yes.

And what do you get in return? Or are you just a slave with a single out of the loop condition?

They have my cat.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

They have my cat.

Well then you deserve to be a slave, letting others take your cat.

Not my fault. I was busy playing non-western Ubisoft games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wrong