By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would Sunset Overdrive be on PS4 if it didn't have inFamous Second Son?

Which is betta

sunset overdrive 31 36.05%

infamous 55 63.95%

Total:86

Think about it, both came out in 2014. Insomniac is basically Sony 2nd party, they just came back from a nasty deal with anoher publisher. I think the only reason Sunset Overdrive ended up on Xbox is because Insomniac went to Sony with the concept, Sony saw that it was too close to inFamous SS and ditched it, inFamous should've been further along in development as it came out 7 months earlier. Any other time and they probably would've funded it.

Anyway, I do hope that MS is working on SS2 for Scorpio.

Around the Network

I got Sunset Overdrive for free with my Gold subscription.
Played for 20 minutes, hated, with a passion.
Style over substance, a lot of "tude" (attitude).
I think that younger people would probably enjoy it, like, less than 20 years old.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Versus_Evil said:
No, Sony wanted to own the IP, MS didn't. That's really all there is to it, shame for PS4 only owners coz SO was phenomenal.

Yeah this Turkish.  It was reported a few times that Insomniac is free to do with the IP what they want, Sunset Overdrive 2 could end up being an exlusive to the Switch..

i finished sunset overdrive on the launch day (yeah i maked a 23 hous marathon to finish the game in 1 day) but i prefer infamous second son is not the better of the franchise but is a really good game ( sunset overdrive is a good game but infamous second son is better).

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
WagnerPaiva said:
I think that younger people would probably enjoy it, like, less than 20 years old.

And a lot of people over 20 enjoy it, too.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
WagnerPaiva said:

And a lot of people over 20 enjoy it, too.

I am just bitter this week, don´t mind me.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Infamous was irrelevant to it skipping PS4.

Sony wouldn't allow them the freedom of retaining the IP and Microsoft loved the game so they did as they usually do. Shame, because it was an awesome game. Really good. i like SO better than Infamous, it's more entertaining and grasping gameplay wise. However i dont think they are that similar to each other.

WagnerPaiva said:

I don't think anybody liked SO in the first 20 minutes. It eventually hooks people in though and that's why it has a lot of praise.

In a nutshell, your opinion isn't worth much from just 20 minutes. But you're still entitled to have one.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The only game on Xbox one that interests me