By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo E3 Trailer and Updates for Halo 6

Tagged games:

After rewatching the original E3 Trailer for Halo 5. It seems that the add was meant for Halo 6 and ill tell you two main reasons why.

(Spoilers)   

In Halo 5 he got hit by Spartan Locke which is where the crack in his visor came from. Chiefs Visor is clearly shown in the trailer below having a crack in the screen which is clearly the aftermath of Locke. Master Chief is also looking for Cortana which we all know at the end of Halo 5 she controls a Guardian ship which just happens to be what he finds in this E3 2013 Trailer aswell.

Seems as if Halo 5 was a fill in story just to get Cortana in the ship and Master Chief battered and on the search. Sometimes a game/movie has to take the fat of the story so we could end up with an amazing ending. Seems thats what they might have done with Halo 5 so i am expecting big things from Halo 6.

Also more good news is that 343 come out and said there wont be any new playable characters, it will be all about the Chief. 

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/26/15435488/halo-6-xbox-one-pc-master-chief

Plus Split screen will be back in all future Halo games. (Old news)

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/14715906/halo-split-screen-coming-back-halo-6-bonnie-ross-343-industries

Thoughts below

Around the Network

It was already confirmed that split screen will be back a few months ago, I think it was announced via twitter.

Proud to be a Californian.

Yep local split screen has been confirmed for every halo and- gears games in their respected main series going onwards, which is great news for people like me who still use local co op a lot :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

The return of splitscreen is great. It's also nice that 343 acknowledged that asking players to play as Locke for more than 50% of the campaign was a mistake. I just hope the studio realizes that a lackluster hero wasn't the problem with Halo 5's single player. Poor enemy (and ally) AI, bullet sponge enemies, uninspired level design, and flat gunplay were all more serious problems.

Moving forward I'd like to see 343 focus on creating a great shooter first and telling a story second, not the other way around. Also, it would be awesome if micro-transactions were ditched completely.

So Halo 6 might be the Halo game that Halo 5 should have been? Halo 5 should have been a side story, similar to Halo 3: ODST. Also, having the Master Chief as a fugitive was such a big face palm.

Around the Network

halo 6... hmmm... who would have thought...?

ResidentToxy said:
So Halo 6 might be the Halo game that Halo 5 should have been? Halo 5 should have been a side story, similar to Halo 3: ODST. Also, having the Master Chief as a fugitive was such a big face palm.

I didn't think so. IMO, it was an intriguing idea that fell flat due to execution.

The BuShA owns all!

Ka-pi96 said:
All about chief? Halo 6 will suck then!

Locke > Chief

#teamLocke

your one of the few to like locke, I havn't played halo 5 yet but in halo 4 it wasn't the story that people where dissapointed about it was the multiplayer in terms of story I really enjoyed it and that was also a chief story.

I think they will nail the SP with Halo 6 and from litterally every review halo 5 is prberbly the best halo multiplayer ever so they don't need to do much to get the multiplayer right. Also Halo didn't look as good as gears of other AAA- games on ps4 or xbox one but that came at the cost of 60fps which was quite impressive on the title judging by the digital foundry analyses its rock stable.

On the Scorpio we might just get both with the visuals and framerates. In all honesty Halo 6 will proberbly be the best multiplayer sci/fi shooter and thats exciting on its own :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix