By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Mario + Rabbids RPG will be coming to Switch in August or September

the_dengle said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Fawful is awesome, Rabbids suck, what's not to get!

What is so great about Fawful

He shouts everything in broken English, wow what an amazing character

Can't let your personal opinion blind ya to the majority opinion mate. I don't like FNaF but recognize that it is insanely popular and deemed awesome by many.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Can't let your personal opinion blind ya to the majority opinion mate. I don't like FNaF but recognize that it is insanely popular and deemed awesome by many.

I know he's popular. I'm trying to understand why, because the Rabbids are no more obnoxious than him from my perspective and his fans are apparently balking at the thought of them appearing in a Mario game.

I don't even dislike Fawful, I just find him unremarkable.

the_dengle said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I know he's popular. I'm trying to understand why, because the Rabbids are no more obnoxious than him from my perspective and his fans are apparently balking at the thought of them appearing in a Mario game.

I don't even dislike Fawful, I just find him unremarkable.

Well again, your perspective is not the majority perspective. Liking one zany character =/= you must like all zany characters. Fawful could have never existed and nothing would change about the reception of the Rabbids.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Well again, your perspective is not the majority perspective. Liking one zany character =/= you must like all zany characters. Fawful could have never existed and nothing would change about the reception of the Rabbids.

I didn't claim to represent the majority. I said outright from the start that I don't understand the Mario RPG fandom. First of all because they love characters like Fawful. Second because they have such a negative reaction to Rabbids.

I don't exactly mean to ask "what's the difference," but I don't see why the Rabbids are so abhorrent as to ruin any game they're featured in before it has even been revealed. Particularly a game series that is no stranger to silly characters. Like, Metroid X Rabbids, ok I get it. Zelda X Rabbids, ok I get it. Mario RPG? Seriously? The 'Beanbean Kingdom' series?

the_dengle said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I didn't claim to represent the majority. I said outright from the start that I don't understand the Mario RPG fandom. First of all because they love characters like Fawful. Second because they have such a negative reaction to Rabbids.

I don't exactly mean to ask "what's the difference," but I don't see why the Rabbids are so abhorrent as to ruin any game they're featured in before it has even been revealed. Particularly a game series that is no stranger to silly characters. Like, Metroid X Rabbids, ok I get it. Zelda X Rabbids, ok I get it. Mario RPG? Seriously? The 'Beanbean Kingdom' series?

One is seen as good, the other as bad, it's that simple to understand! The problem isn't that the Rabbids are too silly to fit in Mario, the problem is that they are bad characters. Naturally, people don't want annoying unlikeable characters in their games.

Also, the Rabbids actually did ruin Rayman games for a while. Doesn't necessarily mean this game will be bad of course, but their track record certainly doesn't instill confidence.

Around the Network

Bowsers inside story was a huge return to form and then its been a steep decline for Mario RPGs. Killing me Nintendo.

Presumably an attempt at getting Ubisoft on board in the long-run on Switch. Could this become another long-running spin-off like Mario & Sonic Olympics?

So a potential line-up for Switch for the remainder of 2017 would be:
June- Arms
July- Splatoon 2
August- Mario/Rabbids RPG
September- Fire Emblem Warriors
October- (Pokemon Stars?)
November- Super Mario Odyssey
December- Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I'd expect a couple more announcements for the final quarter, even if they're smaller or cross-platform titles. Maybe Smash Bros DX as well.

I wouldn't say Stars personally unless we see Pokemon trailers within a few weeks based on how ORAS went, I feel that is a Year 2 Switch game. I'd bet first on a Switch port of Smash for or something during that time, or another game like Mario Maker. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Never was really interested in Rabbids, but will keep an open mind if this is actually true..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Nautilus said:
VideoGameAccountant said:

The difference was Hyrule Warriors is a good idea. Zelda characters beat up waves of enemies. Fun. A turn based RPG (that was co-op for some reason) with Mario characters fighting Rabbids, characters no one likes anymore. Doesn't sound fun. A big reason I didn't believe this (and still don't until someone can produce more than "my Uncle Works for Ubisoft") is that no one likes this idea. I figure some executive would have figured this out before greenlighting the game.

Nah, the only bad idea there is the Rabbids part, since its a very random carachter that has nothing to do with Mario(not to mention that is not iconic).Its a great idea to have a turn based battle.I mean, just look at Super Mario RPG!Better yet, it baffles me even more as to why Nintendo didnt go to Square to make this RPG and make a different collaboration with Ubisoft in something they are more confortable with.

Well, that's part of it yeah. Nothing about this idea seems like it meshes together. Mario RPGs are fun, but the crossover is supposed to be a turn-based RPG? And there is co-op? And there are laser guns I guess. Heck, most of this stuff doesn't appear in Rabbids games. Yeah, part of the gimmick of Rabbids is there go to places, world, time and do stupid Rabbids things. Not sure why it would be an RPG with laser guns. Heck, I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't try to do a wreck-it Ralph thing where the Rabbids go to different video games. It would fit their motif better. 

One of the reasons I said it was fake way back in January is it sounds like it was made by a dumb fan rather than a development team or a publisher. Everything seems off. And again, no one likes this idea. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life