By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is like one joke every 3 minutes.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.

Great movie! 47 31.97%

Horrible movie. 18 12.24%

Ok movie. 15 10.20%

HavenĀ“t seen it yet. 67 45.58%

Total:147
WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:
Really liked the first one, so hearing Vol 2 is different isn't a good sign. I'm pretty easy to please, but fingers crossed.

You are going to absolutelly love it Coktoe. I am so very sure of it.

Yeah, probably. The Marvel movies I like the least, Iron Man 3 for example, were still OK.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Yeah, probably. The Marvel movies I like the least, Iron Man 3 for example, were still OK.

I am always surprised by how watchable these movies are.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

For me the humor is very sitcom level which really kills and undermines whats happening in the moment but there are some very funny moments. having thought about it I think the movie is more bad then good, I'm really disappointing with it.

Well apparently this movie got perfect scores on test screening and everyone commented in those how it was better than vol1. so I am not surprised to see your comments,

The jokes weren't that funny. They weren't "intelligent" jokes, if you know what I mean.

Around the Network

As usual, you exagerate everything.

The movie was alright. I liked the first one better. It explored more regions of space.

I liked this one aswell, but it felt more contained.

It was entertaining, and escalates from 0 to a thousand pretty quick. Still though I preferred the first.

WagnerPaiva said:

So I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night.

First time in 11 months I go to the movies alone, since my girlfriend cheated on me with her current BF, so, after 11 months, that is over...

Anyways, it was just what the doctor ordered: FUN, FUN, FUN movie, has James Gunn written all over, the jokes get you from the left, right, front and back, you won´t be prepared.

It is like dozens of jokes, like, I was still laughing from one joke and another got me.

The movie is like the best comic book you read in a while, the history is pure comic book fun: high stakes but it feels intimate.

Amazing movie, beautiful, cool, reminds me of Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy. I hope it does great in box office, it deserves like very few other flicks do.

Anyone enjoying it?

hahaha I don't mean to laugh but I find it very endearing that you mentioned the first part. Fuck cheaters

that's good it sounds like it's a lot of fun. Loved the first and am going with a bunch of the fam to see this next weekend. Driving like an hour to see em so. The ma is like making it an event, she's extremely pumped as she loves the music and vibe of the first film (despite hating superhero films in general) so it sounds like she'll end up digging it which is good

great to hear it keeps a comic book vibe (colorful) and is still focusing on fun. I don't care how logical or 'deep' the plot is, just want some good music, fun crew, crazy scenarios 

COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

IMO Iron Man 3 is pretty rough. Ruins a comic book villain by making them a joke (and wastes like an hour of the viewers time with that), is kind of soulless, Stark just wandering around a lot of the film. I honestly was shocked by how bad Iron Man 3, and that's saying a lot because Iron Man 2 wasn't great either.

all very weird to me considering Iron Man 1 is like in my top 3 Superhero movies ever 

This movie was amazing and pretty fun. It has The Fifth Element vibe all around. Altough some scenes were similar to Naked Gun and Hot Shot! movies.