By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Anyone else regret voting for Trump?

AFter voting, is it what you expected?

Yes, pretty much. Huge change 76 8.85%

Yes 28 3.26%

Not really, thought he wo... 15 1.75%

not at all. 83 9.66%

You made your bed now sleep in it. 40 4.66%

other 3 0.35%

see results 51 5.94%

I did not vote for him, d... 31 3.61%

I did not vote for him, k... 223 25.96%

I did not vote/not an American 309 35.97%

Total:859

He lowered the taxes! Whats wrong with u guys????

Around the Network
H.E.R. said:
LivingMetal said:
I voted for Trump. He's an ass and still is. And looking back, I still would vote for him. The primary issue that mattered to me was the creation of jobs. He has retained jobs thus far, and we'll see how the employment status will be in due time. But I cannot vote for Clinton because she is a political opportunistic, a liar, and too many circumstantial controversies surround her and her husband since their days in Arkansas. But the best thing about this is seeing how triggered the leftists and media as a whole has as been.

Political opportunistic:

Trump is cutting taxes for the wealthy. He and his family will benefit greatly.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2017/04/26/Winners-and-Losers-Trump-s-New-Tax-Plan

A liar:

Lock her up! - Not happening

Build the wall! (and make Mexico pay for it) - Mexico's not paying for it, US taxpayers will

Drain the swamp! - Most wealthy Cabinet that's full of lobbyists or sat on a board of a corporation, failing in transparency

Repeal and Replace Obamacare - Failed with a majority House.

And have fun skimming through this:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Controversies from decades ago:

Sued by the Justice Departments in the 70s for refusing to rent to minorities

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

You posting links isn't going to make a difference because anyone can post links to that and to the contrary based on political bias.

#triggered

I would wager that you're just as political (no better) as both major political sides.  My stance is that as long as I can make a difference to my family and those around me is all that really matters, and I don't need politics to accomplish that.  Just love and compassion.  And I would also dare say that if we all did that on a local level, polictics wouldn't be an issue.  You just do it because it's the right thing to do regardless of legality.

LivingMetal said:
H.E.R. said:

Political opportunistic:

Trump is cutting taxes for the wealthy. He and his family will benefit greatly.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2017/04/26/Winners-and-Losers-Trump-s-New-Tax-Plan

A liar:

Lock her up! - Not happening

Build the wall! (and make Mexico pay for it) - Mexico's not paying for it, US taxpayers will

Drain the swamp! - Most wealthy Cabinet that's full of lobbyists or sat on a board of a corporation, failing in transparency

Repeal and Replace Obamacare - Failed with a majority House.

And have fun skimming through this:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Controversies from decades ago:

Sued by the Justice Departments in the 70s for refusing to rent to minorities

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

You posting links isn't going to make a difference because anyone can post links to that and to the contrary based on political bias.  #triggered

I would wager that you're just as political (no better) as both major political sides.  My stance is that as long as I can make a difference to my family and those around me is all that really matters, and I don't need politics to accomplish that.  Just love and compassion.  And I would also dare say that if we all did that on a local level, polictics wouldn't be an issue.  You just do it because it's the right thing to do regardless of legality.

You posted reasons why you voted for a person and your reasons are countered with sources and you call bias. Did you even bother clicking on any of the sources before judging bias?

And making a difference to your family and the people that surround you is all that really matters. How did voting for Trump support that? I merely bring up Trump's work so far and you can't take it haha. Welcome to political discussion.

spurgeonryan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-order-broad-review-national-monuments-123433131.html

I realize our economy is not doing too bad at all, but I do not attribute that to Trump. More so Obama.

As for the link above, are we really that bad off in America that we need more land?

I hope he realizes that just like Obamas efforts can be reversed, his can as well. He will just go down as being the worst president of all time. Before he would have been forgotten in history, just another tabloid billionairre not even on par with some of the great rich people of the late 1800's/early 1900's. Now he will be forever remembered as a pile of shit.

Only 100 days........so many more days left of bullshit.

Your poll is worded terribly and is basically the opposite of your title.

No I do not regret voting for the man at all.

Wiibaron said:
All you idiots who keep saying Trump is just making himself richer are so misinformed, probably from CNN or other idiotic sources. He was made to divest from his Co. so he isn't making earnings from TI anymore. He refuses the PreZ salary, donating it every month to charity. He is literally making NOTHING as Prez when he used to make 100's of millions a year. He will end up losing a Billion in earnings being Prez. The 20% tax cut for Corps is for all businesses. Own a food truck? 20% less taxes. Have a 100 employee tool making shop? 20% cut. McDonalds? 20%. And yes big bad Exxon gets 20% too. That food truck making 3000 a week? Right now you are paying 1050 of that in Fed tax. The cut will bring that down to 450, saving that business 600 a week. You can hire another guy and still be the same as you were before money wise. Plus with the simplification aspect you don't have to pay a lawyer 1000 a year to do your taxes. That food truck now has 32,000 a year more in the owners pocket. He can buy a new car or a second food truck.

Trump's Tax Plans also included eliminations of deductions. Or is The Fiscal Times an idiotic source?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-fiscal-times/

And Trump handed his businesses over to his sons. There's no proof that Trump doesn't have a say anymore in board matters or that he doesn't feed them information that will benefit them or himself after his Presidency.

Around the Network

One thing that I'm wary of is if Trump loses the 2020 election but harps on about deemingly imagined voter fraud like he did with Clinton winning the popular vote. I hope he proves me wrong, but if such a scenario plays out I can realistically see him rejecting the election result and attempting to cling to power.

It's been complete chaos since he began running. I'm only in my 20's but i have never seen this country so openly divided. He's definitely a parasite. I cannot believe anyone has voted for him. Look at the result.

H.E.R. said:
LivingMetal said:

You posting links isn't going to make a difference because anyone can post links to that and to the contrary based on political bias.  #triggered

You posted reasons why you voted for a person and your reasons are countered with sources and you call bias. Did you even bother clicking on any of the sources before judging bias?

And making a difference to your family and the people that surround you is all that really matters. How did voting for Trump support that? I merely bring up Trump's work so far and you can't take it haha. Welcome to political discussion.

Of course I called bias.  And why not?  People are bias and people are a source of info.  And it's a fact that Hilliary lied during senate hearings, people have written books on their negative dealings with the Clintons, business and political partners of the Clinton's have died mysterious death, how the Clinton's have personally financially profitted from the Clinton Foundation from external and foreign sources, etc.  It's all out there whether I post links or not.  But it's not going to make a difference to you which is where your bias comes from.  And I mentioned family because some people put too much faith in political policy to aid and validate their lives which causes the self-righteous political pissing contest bullshit. It was a friendly and constructive warning I extend to you, and if you cannot keep an opened and tolerant view on it, you'll never see past politcal bias for a greater and better cause.

LivingMetal said:
H.E.R. said:

Of course I called bias.  And why not?  People are bias and people are a source of info.  And it's a fact that Hilliary lied during senate hearings, people have written books on their negative dealings with the Clintons, business and political partners of the Clinton's have died mysterious death, how the Clinton's have personally financially profitted from the Clinton Foundation from external and foreign sources, etc.  It's all out there whether I post links or not.  But it's not going to make a difference to you which is where your bias comes from.  And I mentioned family because some people put too much faith in political policy to aid and validate their lives which causes the self-righteous political pissing contest bullshit. It was a friendly and constructive warning I extend to you, and if you cannot keep an opened and tolerant view on it, you'll never see past politcal bias for a greater and better cause.

So you completely rag on my sources and your defense for not voting for Hillary Clinton is...sources. And not just sources, but conspiracy theories on a Clinton death list. Well done, I think you have summed up why you voted for Trump haha.

And people do keep an eye on political policy because it actually affects the common American citizen. Policies such as taxes, health care, and immigration or how much people's expenses will go up are just a few effects that can happen to any hardworking person simply living his/her life but is impacted by a Presidential Administration. Something simple as spoken words from any Presidential Administration do have an impact on families.

I'm honestly asking you now. Help me see. Without naming Clinton or Sanders, how has Trump's Administration benefited the greater and better cause so far?

It's only been three months? It feels like three years!

I'll try to say nothing about the judgment and value system of those who voted for him. Just be glad for the Resistance or things would be one hell of a lot worse right now.