By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) Spring 2017 trailer

BraLoD said:

We are talking about the best not the worse, Wrighto!

Truly, a timeless question to ask oneself.

Around the Network

This is the first time I've been excited about Final Fantasy since the release of the original FFXII. Looks awesome!

BasilZero said:
dukerx2 said:

What did you guys think of the port of VII to PS4? And would you want a straightish port of the other 3 PSone Final Fantasy's? I for one would love to see ports of them, especially Tactics and IX.

IX should be re-released to PS4 in a few months if not in the next few weeks (i.e. E3 time).

Tactics WotL will likely see a Steam/PC re-release within the next few months or so unless they decide to release FF1/FF2 part of the 30 year anniversary bash.

If Tactics WotL does get released I can see them releasing it on PS4 PSN as well.

Though FFVIII's release is a mystery. It isnt available on mobile at all and the PC version wasnt even updated to fix the music issue that VII had (which was fixed after patch was released).

After i saw IX going to PC Ive been optimistic that it would followVII to PS4 but the longer it goes without release the less optimistic I get.       Me personally would want the OG Tactics over WotL but i agree it would be WotL version if it got ported.                                                         You think there will be more 30th anniversary announcements ?

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

Ah the game everyone hated until FF13 came out...

I dunno how could anyone hate the best FF.

Well, from what I remember a lot of the hate stemmed from three things:

#1, Vaan. It may be unfair, but after a stream of 'pretty boy' main characters, people wanted someone rough & cool-looking as the face of the game. When 12 was initially released, guess which character got the brunt of advertisement face time...Vaan. A collective OMG reverberated throughout the fanbase.

#2, Ashe, or more specifically, Ashe's then-scandalous outfit. Vaan & Ashe were the focus of 12 ads, and SE fans were irritated that the game focused not only on a boy band reject, but a girl dressed for a rave instead of an adventure. "This was supposed to be set in the same world as FF Tactics, where princesses still dressed like princesses." Etc, etc.

#3, MMO-style combat. People still wanted their traditional turn-based combat, and most fans were still sore over the last mainline FF being a somewhat crappy MMO. First the above superficial complaints poisoned the well, and then upon release the gameplay actively turned people off. This is the primary issue I always had with it, 12's nearly auto-battle reliably put me to sleep.

why is nobody asking for a Switch port for this? It actually seems more practical, and less theoretical.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Facial Animations remind me of Mass Effect Andromeda

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Facial Animations remind me of Mass Effect Andromeda

This is actually a compliment considering the game is 11 years old from the PS2 era where generally facial animations didn't exist yet.

Hmm, pie.

deskpro2k3 said:
why is nobody asking for a Switch port for this? It actually seems more practical, and less theoretical.

Switch needs Persona 5.

PS4 needs SMT.

Looking good. Will enjoy replaying it again... and no getting a platinum because of that rumoured trophy. I ain't killing that thing.

Hmm, pie.

BraLoD said:
The Fury said:
Looking good. Will enjoy replaying it again... and no getting a platinum because of that rumoured trophy. I ain't killing that thing.

Poor Yazmat, he just want to spend some quality time together with you!

Yeah but it's too much time. Dude's like "Stay a while longer." and you are like "But I started fighting you on Friday, it's Monday, I gotta go to work."

Hmm, pie.