By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2017 French Election (Macron Wins 66%)

Who do you think will be the next President of France?

Macron 167 69.87%

Le Pen 72 30.13%

Total:239
Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:

Good.

Aren't you someone who's pretty sheltered? What would you know about the effects of mass immigration?

Yes, I'm pretty sheltered, but I've had Chinese, Colombians, Saudis, Koreans and Spanish live in my house before.

Around the Network

I know fuck all about French politics, but I think Le Pen has a better chance of winning than many people in this thread are making it out to be.

bet: lost

barneystinson69 said:
JRPGfan said:

Better than Europe getting torn apart, by France possibly leaveing the EU.

I get the US voted for and get Trump elected.... Le Pen winning would be something like that.

Shes like crazy racist :p  (ei. doesnt believe jews where persecuted under WW2)

That was her dad. I've never heard her personally saying that. While I would strongly disagree if she actually said that, macron is a sad joke, and will simply be more of the same.

Of course she doesn't. It killed any chance of her dad to ever get voted among other such things. She's basically brushing these issues under the rug to not loose any non far-right voters which are critical for her to succeed.

Lawlight said:
Too many reasonable people in France for Le Pen to win.

Fixed that for you. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

Aren't you someone who's pretty sheltered? What would you know about the effects of mass immigration?

Yes, I'm pretty sheltered, but I've had Chinese, Colombians, Saudis, Koreans and Spanish live in my house before.

For the record, Colombians and Spanish hvave a Western culture. They would integrate pretty well. Also people living in your house isn't quite the same - it doesn't show you the immigrants who live in a country within a country and don't assimilate.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:

For the record, Colombians and Spanish hvave a Western culture. They would integrate pretty well. Also people living in your house isn't quite the same - it doesn't show you the immigrants who live in a country within a country and don't assimilate.

You're talking about things like Italian neighborhoods where they keep speaking Italian and things like that? Because while it's true that ethnic groups do tend to stick together, they do normally assimilate in a couple generations. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Bofferbrauer said:
barneystinson69 said:

That was her dad. I've never heard her personally saying that. While I would strongly disagree if she actually said that, macron is a sad joke, and will simply be more of the same.

Of course she doesn't. It killed any chance of her dad to ever get voted among other such things. She's basically brushing these issues under the rug to not loose any non far-right voters which are critical for her to succeed.

Not really. She fired her dad from the party, fired several of his supports, and represents a more "moderate" far-right than her dad (it's really relative...). For a while, the party could have lost part of his members because of this. She's obviously not moderate, but she's a bit less extreme than her dad. 

Faelco said:
Bofferbrauer said:

Not really. She fired her dad from the party, fired several of his supports, and represents a more "moderate" far-right than her dad (it's really relative...). For a while, the party could have lost part of his members because of this. She's obviously not moderate, but she's a bit less extreme than her dad. 

Yeah, wasn't her father an overt anti-Semite?

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

You're talking about things like Italian neighborhoods where they keep speaking Italian and things like that? Because while it's true that ethnic groups do tend to stick together, they do normally assimilate in a couple generations. 

Italians mostly still believe in a secular country. No, I'm talking about things like no-go zones.

VGPolyglot said:
Faelco said:

Yeah, wasn't her father an overt anti-Semite?

Yep. And overt racist, homophobe...