By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2017 French Election (Macron Wins 66%)

Who do you think will be the next President of France?

Macron 167 69.87%

Le Pen 72 30.13%

Total:239

Le Pen has officially conceded.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:

Was expected, though I was hoping she would win. Still, she's doing far better than her father. We'll see in 4 years how things are...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
p0isonparadise said:

Was expected, though I was hoping she would win. Still, she's doing far better than her father. We'll see in 4 years how things are...

In 4 years you will have more descendant of immigrants growing up and becoming eligible to vote, those will not vote for her. It's done.

Le Pen lost? Excellent news.

Fuck fascists :).

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, like communism would ever happen through elections within the system!

The Workers' Party of Belgium ( It is one of the few parties that operates as a single Belgian party. Most other parties are either Flemish or Francophone.

The PVDA-PTB hosts the International Communist Seminar, which in recent years has become one of the main worldwide gatherings of communist parties.

They could end up taking the power atleast in south of Belgium with the next election. In the North they are atleast dead =p.

But then what? Belgium's part of the EU, and multiple trade deals, which are capitalist in nature.

This is the 5th straight European election where the nationalist party under performed polls.

LurkerJ said:
barneystinson69 said:

In 4 years you will have more descendant of immigrants growing up and becoming eligible to vote, those will not vote for her. It's done.

Are you telling that immigrants will all go to the left? I mean France has some of the worst youth unemployement in Europe, and as a society is in a state of emergency. Why would they vote for the left if the economy is shit, and they're the ones in power? And besides, immigrants don't make up enough of France to prevent her from winning (yet).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I think some realities are setting in also, Brexit probably would lose if people had to re-vote for it today and actually consider much of what it would actually entail. Trump is developing into a trainwreck too though he never won the popular vote to begin with. Think some people in France saw that and took note.

The French just took a look at Trump and May and said "Nope!"

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine