By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Good places to sell your games?

johnsobas said:

It's trending at $30, if you have it in excellent condition and you put up some good pics you could stretch it around $40.  I would put it at $35 with free shipping if you have it in good condition.  You can't sell mk8 on amazon without being approved, amazon can be really frustrating, you could easily get $40 on amazon but only big sellers can get approved.

I'd say it's in excellent condition but I like your suggestion of $35/free shipping so I'll see how that goes.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
https://gameovervideogames.com/

If you already have an account there could you check n see how much they'll buy MK8 for?

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:

Forget the trade-in system, just sell directly on Amazon. They have a pretty nice system in place, I've used it to sell a ton of my old games and have probably made somewhere in the ballpark of a couple grand just pawning old games and consoles.

How long do you usually have to wait before someone buys especially for niche stuff? I'd go through the effort if I was selling my whole gaming collection, but it's just a few games some of which Amazon's price is basically the same as what I'd ideally sell them for anyway.

cycycychris said:
Mario Kart 8 trade in is back from what I see on Amazon. $25 right now

Not anymore.

I'm guessing they buy until they reach a certain point, and once they sell some copies then they'll buy that many again.

eBay is good if you're patient. However, my uncle sells on that site and he frequently has problems with buyers, so if you're trying to sell a whole bunch the chances of something like that happening to you are much higher. It shouldn't be a problem with just one game, though.

Craigslist, OfferUp,  eBay, Amazon, local FB buy sell trade groups. Never ever GameStop.

Those will be your best resources for the second hand market.

Around the Network

Ebay/Amazon/Craigs. If you care about getting close to market value for them.

local game shops, Gamestop (online trade in thing), or whatever, will give you much lower than you could get with a tiny bit of effort. Both Amazon and Ebay have insanely reliable protection standards for both buyers and sellers that are associated to enforced tracking, removing accounts that don't pay for things they commit to buy, etc. You won't be burned virtually ever (once in a blue moon sort of thing)

Ebay.

Jpcc86 said:
Facebook.

Also, different subject: Isnt it weird how good ratings MK8 Deluxe is getting? Like its literally the same game, only with a better battle mode, and everyone is like "Omg its amazing". We got almost the exact game 3 years ago. Like... WTF? WTF Nintendo?

Welcome to the modern gamer mentality. 

Gamestop obviously :P but facebook groups and craigslist are the best bet. You get all of the money that way and not having to travel far or at all

Try BRE Software, in Fresno, CA. I used them many years ago. Don't know if their still good. Worth a shot for you.