By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493

I agree with all points. Microsoft could still make Xbox consoles because right now they are basically (cheaper) gaming focused PCs. And since Nintendo loves gimmicks and new concepts, they could also continue making dedicated systems. But Sony... I can't see why they would continue; they basically make weaker hardware with an OS radically different from the ones used on PC/Mac. Since they prioritize graphics and story so much on most of their games, I think they would benefit A LOT from making games to PC as they would look better than never and reach a bigger market. But anyway, they will probably do that next gen or the gen after at the latest (via a subscription service, they are kinda testing it with PS Now, I imagine a 100% online store where you could download or stream games on PC).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

RavenXtra , you're unfair mod.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227765

LipeJJ said:
I agree with all points. Microsoft could still make Xbox consoles because right now they are basically (cheaper) gaming focused PCs. And since Nintendo loves gimmicks and new concepts, they could also continue making dedicated systems. But Sony... I can't see why they would continue; they basically make weaker hardware with an OS radically different from the ones used on PC/Mac. Since they prioritize graphics and story so much on most of their games, I think they would benefit A LOT from making games to PC as they would look better than never and reach a bigger market. But anyway, they will probably do that next gen or the gen after at the latest (via a subscription service, they are kinda testing it with PS Now, I imagine a 100% online store where you could download or stream games on PC).

Indeed. Having powerful cards at the devs dispose would led to incredible graphics.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Valdath said:
Chazore said:

You still do not own the game at the end of the day, like it or not, that's how things are these days.

I don't like buying code on a plastic disk either. Buying code rights isn't for everyone. 

But i do own the game, that's why i can sell it or trade it with someone.

I know you're trying to change the definition of it, but you paid for the right to use their game, not own it.

All you are trading is the plastic. You do not own the code, you paid to use it.

Rockstar games EULA: 

"LICENSE. Subject to this Agreement and its terms and conditions, Licensor hereby grants you the nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to use one copy of the Software for your personal non-commercial use for gameplay on a single computer or gaming unit, unless otherwise specified in the Software documentation."

Notice the word "limited", not "forever", as well as just the license usage, not owning it all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

While many of Sony's IP would be awesome on PC (assuming they'd actually still make games if they didn't have an ecosystem to sell), i can't say i'm on board with the idea that removing Sony from the console race would be an "excellent for gamers". 2006, 2012, and 2013 made it pretty clear what happens when Sony, Nintendo, or MS think they're in a strong enough position to ignore the desires of the market.

Sony are a very important source of competition. The strength of the PlayStation brand in the home console space forces Nintendo and MS to be better than they'd otherwise be, and the efforts of Nintendo and MS are important to ensure PlayStation's brand strength doesn't lead to a console monopoly. At the end of the chain, a healthy console market forces companies like nVidea and Steam to push the advantages of PC gaming further than they would otherwise bother with. 

All in all, i think we have a pretty healthy balance of power in the gaming market, and i don't think there's a strong need for a dramatic shift right now.

RolStoppable said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
RavenXtra , you're unfair mod.

That kind of comment isn't appropriate here and can lead to a moderation. But since RavenXtra isn't unfair, he will let this one slide.

If you want to say something about how moderation is done on this site, you already know which thread is appropriate for that. It's the one where you asked why a thread of yours got locked a few days ago.

I don't need a reply. 

Chazore said:
Valdath said:

But i do own the game, that's why i can sell it or trade it with someone.

I know you're trying to change the definition of it, but you paid for the right to use their game, not own it.

All you are trading is the plastic. You do not own the code, you paid to use it.

You are trading plastic that contains everything you need to play the game on a compatible system. No matter what happens you can put that disc in a ps4 and play it.

I'm really confused that you're arguing about "owning" a game. Whatever definition or term you want to give it doesn't negate the benefit of having a physical copy that you (substitute desired word here)

The entire argument is redundant because you're not discrediting any of the actual benefits.

Barkley said:
Chazore said:

You are trading plastic that contains everything you need to play the game on a compatible system. No matter what happens you can put that disc in a ps4 and play it.

I'm really confused that you're arguing about "owning" a game. Whatever definition or term you want to give it doesn't negate the benefit of having a physical copy that you (substitute desired word here)

The entire argument is redundant because you're not discrediting any of the actual benefits.

The entire argument isn't because you don't flipping own the game, you paid the right to sue it. The company owns the code, the system etc. You just paid to use the damn things. 

Also really, your own arguments against Yuri haven't exactly been holding insurmountable water. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It hurts to read this thread... I'm sorry!