By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Holy Shit (Nier Automata endings)

I've set this up for those who have finished it and got the main 4 endings to discuss what has happened, what decisions they made and share thoughts and theories. If you haven't played the game but plan to do so, please do not read further. 

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Holy f'ing shit. In reality tired so I'll keep it short for now since I done a marathon session to get the final main ending today. This game was like a prequel and sequel in one with bonus features and even a end scene after the credits. 

Just wondering, how many of you played and completed the bullet hell credits section to get the post credit scene? 

Who did you root for between 9S and A2? I wanted A2 to survive but I kinda knew deep down there was doom in the horizon. 

For me after witnessing the fourth ending, the third playthrough and the end credit scene, I think this has jumped to the game of the gen and in my top 3 best games of all time. 

Around the Network

Ahh i couldn't complete the bullet hell credits section to get the ending E it was just too long but i watched it on youtube and yes it's definitely the best ending.

I also choosed A2 over 9S

Got the main endings. Finished the Shmup credits. Kept may data. Even beat Emil;

Just saying !

shikamaru317 said:

I did all of the main endings and the bullet hell credits. Chose A2 over 9S because I didn't like what he had become. Liked the final ending the most, the one where the pods are trying to rebuild them all.

This. altough shooting the credits wasn't much fun the ending I got was the most rewarding. Anyway overall a great game with great ending but the second playtrough was a bit of a chore since there was no level scaling on the bosses so everything was so easy but the first and third playtrough where great with the story really developing and ending nicely on all main endings after 3 playtrough's

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Yes, 9S did lose the plot after losing 2B. I feel bad for A2 since in a way she was designed to be alone. Even after the credits, they rebuild and keep the two together and A2 is left on her owns.

Although they only spent a little bit of time on Devola and Popola (I've probably got their names wrong), their story was pretty deep and a reflection of today where one person does something wrong and every one similar has to pay the price.

Emil was easier than I thought. Maybe my build was OP. What Chip load out you guys have?

John2290 said:
Damn, that was a month ago now...kinda forgotten. Last thing I remember was the pods carrying off 9s and 2b.

Yup, then you get a shot of A2 also having been rescued, lying against a window. 

Did you beat the hidden rabbit statue boss? 

Haven't beaten it yet. Not even close. I did die before the end of the tutorial (I suck) and got a shit ending, though.

I'm not really engrossed in the game yet. Is this one of those games where the ending makes the entire experience better?

Did all the main endings and loved it all!! I prefered A2 over 9S, didnt like who he was becoming. Loved this game a lot, definitely one of my favourites.

d21lewis said:
Haven't beaten it yet. Not even close. I did die before the end of the tutorial (I suck) and got a shit ending, though.

I'm not really engrossed in the game yet. Is this one of those games where the ending makes the entire experience better?

The story gets better making it more engrossing. The characters you meet and their stories, the ending you first get makes the game better. 

The second playthrough changes this slightly and adds more to the story and characters. The third playthrough changes gameplay and story a lot more with different bosses, side quests, gameplay and locations. The fourth ending blows everything away.