By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long do your gaming sessions last?

On the days that you actually sit down and play video games, how long do you play for?

1 hour 16 14.16%

2 hours 41 36.28%

3 hours 18 15.93%

4 hours 12 10.62%

5 hours 9 7.96%

6 hours 6 5.31%

7 hours 1 0.88%

8 hours 5 4.42%

9 hours 0 0%

10+ hours 5 4.42%

Total:113
zorg1000 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

lol, did you honestly think that most people played for 4-8 hours a day?

Yes, at least amoung gaming enthusiasts. Looks like that only makes up 34% of this site though. Oh well. When you're wrong, you're wrong.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
zorg1000 said:

lol, did you honestly think that most people played for 4-8 hours a day?

Yes, at least amoung gaming enthusiasts. Looks like that only makes up 34% of this site though. Oh well. When you're wrong, you're wrong.

well kudos for admitting when you're wrong, thats something alot of people on this site can't seem to do.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

OdinHades said:
Usually no longer than an hour. But I will again play whole nights through once my son gets a little older and stuff.

Our son had a lot of trouble sleeping the first few years so instead of having to get up every 5 minutes I kept him on my lap at night while playing video games. I played all of Valkyria Chronicles with him sleeping on my lap. I was always tired, but it was a very peaceful way to play video games :) They grow up so fast.

My longest psvr session was about 5 hours. I could have gone on the rest of the night, but can't afford all nighters anymore.

Depends on the game and the day, I can be playing 6 hours with BoTW but that's exceptional, my normal game session lasts around 1-2 hours.

On average, I wanna say 3 hours.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
If I actually sit down to really, really play a game, my sessions can reach a double digit amount of hours.

Now that zorg troll would say I have no life, and he would be right.

i always knew you were a worthless piece of trash

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Averaged out to 2-3 hours a day, sometimes less. My other time is spent doing other useless things though like cooking, reading, watching tv, posting on Vgchartz.

Classes take up all my productive time, though I did splurge with an 8 hour session on Persona 5 last night.

Usuaully 1 to 2 hours, but when it comes to Zelda, it usually is on the 2 hour side. That game is just hard to quit sometimes...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

1-2.5 hours is the sweet spot for both casual and intense games. I rarely go above 3

Usually from 2 hours to 2 hours and a half. On weekends sometimes I go up to 3-4 hours and there are rare times when I play for 5 hours.