By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Atlus Threatens To Go After People Who Stream Too Far Into Persona 5

deskpro2k3 said:

archer9234 said:

No. You are wrong. Not everyone thinks that way. I decide if I want to spoil information about a movie/game etc. or not. Example: I still haven't watch Star Wars 7. I'm waiting for all 3 films to be complete. Then buy the boxset. Guess what: I decided I didn't care if I read some spoilers. I know Han dies, and why. Still buying the movies, once all 3 are done.

Congratulations, I guess.

Seriously though, I never said everyone thinks that way. I said your overall experience diminishes if you know all the spoilers. To say that is not true is a lie. I do not believe you..

I don't know. I almost always read the plot of the movie before I watch it, and I still enjoy it. I also watched at least 4 playthroughs of the first Silent Hill before I played it myself, and I still really enjoyed it.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Seriously though, I never said everyone thinks that way. I said your overall experience diminishes if you know all the spoilers. To say that is not true is a lie. I do not believe you..

I don't know. I almost always read the plot of the movie before I watch it, and I still enjoy it. I also watched at least 4 playthroughs of the first Silent Hill before I played it myself, and I still really enjoyed it.

I'm willing to bet you would've enjoyed it even more if you didn't watch playthroughs. Maybe it'll be more scary that way.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
archer9234 said:
Nautilus said:

What are you disagreeing with me about?I just said that this measure is too extreme.

What I said is that I UNDERSTAND where they are comming from.I understand what the developers are feeling.They want you to experience the game as it should be, not treat it "as a movie".They poured they soul and years of work in this, after all.But this is still a choice that people can make, and trying to scare off streamers just wont work.

Atlus' argument still makes no sense. That's what I'm arguing about. People have choices. Just because atlus gets butt hurt, that someone wants to know the answer. Doesn't make it acceptable, to be an ass to people. And abuse the content ID system, on youtube.

Why not?Wether it is right or not, its Atlus prerogative to try and hold all streamers from streaming, wether that a good idea or not, or even a nice thing to do.Much like Nintendo and its relation to youtube, outside of reviews and fair use, Atlus can do whatever they want with their IPs.Videogame as a media is a bit different in the sense about streaming and videos about games, because usually games thrive on being shown to the public(as in, that usually translates to sales, because people get interested in the game, which is much different to other medias, as movies), but if Atlus dosent want to, they can do it.

It can be an ass move or whatever, but it makes sense, as I said before, though it dosent make it right or wrong.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

deskpro2k3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm willing to bet you would've enjoyed it even more if you didn't watch playthroughs. Maybe it'll be more scary that way.

Horror games don't really scare me. I play them more for the atmosphere. In fact, that's how I decide which games I want to get. I watch videos to see how the games look.

VGPolyglot said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Horror games don't really scare me. I play them more for the atmosphere. In fact, that's how I decide which games I want to get. I watch videos to see how the games look.

of course it doesn't scare you, it's because you've watch the spoilers!!!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

of course it doesn't scare you, it's because you've watch the spoilers!!!

Even for horror games that I didn't watch before playing, like Outlast, didn't scare me.

VGPolyglot said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Same. I've never had a game/movie/book ruiend for me for knowing some, if not all of the plot beforehand. Hell Sometimes I ask a few of my friends what the plot is all about, rather than constantly diving into everything and not knowing if it will be garbage or not, I'd rather know how good the plot is going to be in order to gain interest. 

I watched Jacksepticeye playing Night in the Woods from start to finish and watching him was what got me interested in buying and playing the game.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

VGPolyglot said:
deskpro2k3 said:

They don't scare me either, yet half the fun is gone on a second playthrough. I hardly ever replay games if I already know what is going to happen. I even found unlocking the map in BotW too much of a spoiler so stopped using the towers. Spoiler free reviews are enough to decide on games for me, I want to be surprised and make my own discoveries while playing. Take a chance, be surprised, it's fun going in blind.

Good for them. Protecting me from being spoiled.

weaveworld said:
Good for them. Protecting me from being spoiled.

Agreed.