By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 700 Million Consoles Nintendo !

RolStoppable said:

...and Color TV, Virtual Boy and Switch are not included in the numbers in the OP.

Stop expecting people to do things correctly.

Around the Network

700.39 million hardware and 4.474 billion software have been sold as of December 31st 2016, according to Nintendo.

Those numbers are just from their home consoles and handhelds.

Pyro as Bill said:
Didn't need CD/DVD/Bluray players.

Didn't have to sell at a loss (mostly).

Made tons of profit.

well considering how they sold against the consoles with CD and DVD players maybe they should have had one.

I am Iron Man

Kerotan said:
roadkillers said:

3 systems above 100 Million. What other company can say this, Nintendo takes chances and that is why they are so great :)

sony will be able to say it when the ps4 gets there. Very good performance by both companies. 

Not to downcast this, but Nintendo might be able to say 4 by that time (maybe 5 if they keep the 3ds going, doubtful)

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
Kerotan said:

sony will be able to say it when the ps4 gets there. Very good performance by both companies. 

Not to downcast this, but Nintendo might be able to say 4 by that time (maybe 5 if they keep the 3ds going, doubtful)

3DS has no chance. And i highly doubt by the time Sony get there the Switch would.  Obviously it can but I don't think it will especially not before ps4.

Around the Network

And if you add together all the consoles that have been made, you get well over a billion!

Well done gaming~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
p0isonparadise said:

Yes, GBC was a revision.

Actually, isn't it physically impossible to play most GBC games on a GB?
If you can't play the same games, it's a new system.

I understand people stacking it together, but if you buy a GB and can't play GBC games, then both aren't the same system.

The New 3DS could have gone that way, gladly it locked just 1 or 2 games exclusive to it, and those were ports, so it's pretty irrelevant, but the GBC was a different thing.

Yes, GBC had a lot of exclusive titles but the reason they are blocked together is because Nintendo blocks them together and has never given seperate sales numbers for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.