By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Share your BotW stories here

I dunno if there's already a thread for this but I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd start one to share the coolest, most epic/bizarre/funny stuff that has happened during our playthroughs of Breath of the Wild.

My best so far was when I killed a Yiga clan assassin in the rain, only for one of those wind cleaver bastards to then spawn. I tried to run away, but his wind cleaver attack chased me down and took me out. (Any way to avoid those btw?) The zora revival power saved me, but the Yiga guy was closing in to finish the job; there was nowhere to run, and I wouldn't survive another hit. Then, out of the blue, a lightning bolt struck and killed my attacker, saving my skin.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I dunno if there's already a thread for this but I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd start one to share the coolest, most epic/bizarre/funny stuff that has happened during our playthroughs of Breath of the Wild.

My best so far was when I killed a Yiga clan assassin in the rain, only for one of those wind cleaver bastards to then spawn. I tried to run away, but his wind cleaver attack chased me down and took me out. (Any way to avoid those btw?) The zora revival power saved me, but the Yiga guy was closing in to finish the job; there was nowhere to run, and I wouldn't survive another hit. Then, out of the blue, a lightning bolt struck and killed my attacker, saving my skin.

You can use your paraglider with those little air spout attacks that chase you.  You will dodge the attack and get airborn, allowing you to take a shot with your bow ;).

I definitely want to follow this thread! I can't quite recall something worth sharing from my own adventures but maybe it'll come to me later as I read other comments.

Signature goes here!

Getting a spot in the thread for the near future when I start playing BotW after finish HZD.
I can share now, that Ive finished a link to the past and OOT in preparation for BotW, since Ive never ever finished another Zelda game, in order to get into the lore and universe of the series :)
But gotta admit, new games' game-mechanics had made me soft, since some easy puzzles and quests gave me hard times, and after finding what I have to do, it made me feel silly...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I don't have anything exciting like that, but I cheated another puzzle recently. It was one where I had to bring a barrel to a switch, but also shoot switches to open the gates, but I decided to try something else. I dropped some shields on them, and it pushed down the switches, allowing me to get the treasure and solve the puzzle. I then used another shield to push the other ones off the buttons and collect them.

Take that puzzle!!!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Two of my favorite moments contain very mild world spoilers.  If you've crossed the bridge over Lake Hylia, you'll probably know already.

Anyway, the first time I encountered Farosh, the lightning dragon was a real sight.  I was crossing the bidge over Lake Hylia when i noticed this enormous dragon, many times larger than the dragons in Skyrim or indeed nearly any other game I can think of, especially as a creature you encounter out in the world rather than a scripted boss.  I was in awe and petrified, trying to figure out if it was a boss or not.  Eventually I realized he didn't even notice me I was so mall.  But then when walking along the shore of the lake. I suddenly died and one of my fairies was used up.  I looked behind me to see what had killed me and saw an aura of electricity surrounding the very near by head of Farosh and balls of lightning coming at me to kill me.  Scared me to death but was awesome at the same time.  What made this amazing was the lack of cutscenes, of telegraphing.  I didn't just encounter a god-like beast as large as the bridge I was crossing, it was an un-heralded discovery.  It's that element, the games willingness to let you discover such moments rather than walk you to them, that makes Hyrule truly feel like a world absolutely filled with wonders.

Second was also with Farosh, but this was much later when he couldn't one hit kill me.  I had learned I needed a shard of his horn to upgrade a piece of equipment.  This meant getting a position where I could get a clean shot of his head without dying.  So I camped at a lake in the tropical region near a waterfall I knew he flew over.  When the time came he burst out of the lake right in front of me and began to fly down just in front of the waterfalls.  I jumped off the cliff next to the falls and paraglided over him, dodging balls of lightning until I was in position.  Pulled out my bow and I had one shot to get what I needed because 1) he would leave after I hit him and if I missed and got a scale I would have to try again and 2) I was surrounded by like ten balls of lightning that were closing in from all sides :P.  Managed to land the shot right before I got zapped and plummeted down into the water thankfully.  Lost half my health but got the goods and it was insanely awesome. 

The fact the game lets moments of that epicness happen out and about rather than saving all the really cool stuff for story lines is awesome really. 

I was able to beat the boss in the Zora dungeon, but didn't do it properly

Just wasted all my lightning arrows to kill it since I couldn't figure out how to fight it in the 2nd half :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

BasilZero said:
My story is I am playing it on the WiiU.

l0l @ the naysayers that said it wont come out on WiiU :O

Damnn! Too soon :P

My story is. I met a girl named Paya and then we made babies. The end

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I had an interesting one where I was trying to learn how to cook food but didn't realize I needed to use a pot (because I just approached the game as an adventurer trying things), I ended up just dumping various food items into the fire without a pot and inadvertently started a bush fire which ended up taking out an encampment of Goblins without any intention on my part to do so. That is how surprising BoTW can be.

I just got the Barbarian set and now im hunting Lynels to upgrade it. So I go that going for me, which is nice.