By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:

Yea, I think so.  Any idea what its lowest month was?  It was ~160K for last April.  I'm thinking ~100K for this April.

Its lowest month was May 2014, but that was because consumers were waiting until Microsoft released the Kinectless SKU. Next lowest month was last May, where it sold 107K.

I think this May we may see sub-100K, again.  Maybe not the 77K of 2014, but I could definitely see it in the 90K range. 

JRPGfan said:
thismeintiel said:

As for the XBO, last April the only SKU it had was the QB Bundle at #97. This month, it has none. Even though we can't see past the monthlies Top 100, I'd imagine once the last update comes in, it will have dropped down to something like #105 or so.

So, I'm guessing the XBO actually may be not be as low as 100K, like I previously thought. Maybe more like 120K-140K. But, I definitely think the PS4 is going to have a better April than last year, so maybe 200K-220K.

Yeah I think your spot on with those.... wouldnt be surprised if it turn out just as you predicted here.

I ll gander Switch does like 280-300k.

Wonder what NPD PR will sound like from them.

Those Switch numbers sound like they should be spot on, too.  It'll be interesting to see what May brings for all 3.

And I'm sure the MS PR will include the amazing stat of more consoles sold leads to more gaming hours played.  Who would have known?  Not sure about Nintendo.  Did they announce numbers last month?

Around the Network

Switch will do over 500k on april's npd it seems.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

thismeintiel said:
Aura7541 said:

Its lowest month was May 2014, but that was because consumers were waiting until Microsoft released the Kinectless SKU. Next lowest month was last May, where it sold 107K.

I think this May we may see sub-100K, again.  Maybe not the 77K of 2014, but I could definitely see it in the 90K range. 

JRPGfan said:

Yeah I think your spot on with those.... wouldnt be surprised if it turn out just as you predicted here.

I ll gander Switch does like 280-300k.

Wonder what NPD PR will sound like from them.

Those Switch numbers sound like they should be spot on, too.  It'll be interesting to see what May brings for all 3.

And I'm sure the MS PR will include the amazing stat of more consoles sold leads to more gaming hours played.  Who would have known?  Not sure about Nintendo.  Did they announce numbers last month?

Nintendo didn't but they were likely saving them for the investor's briefing anyway. 

Nuvendil said:
thismeintiel said:

Nintendo didn't but they were likely saving them for the investor's briefing anyway. 

Makes sense. So, we probably will get one for April.

Switch is dominating Best Buy now.

#1 Mario Kart 8D

#2 Switch Gray

#3 Zelda

#4 Switch Pro controller

#5 Switch Neon

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat748302046757&st=pcmcat748302046757_categoryid%24abcat0700000&qp=customerreviews_facet%3DCustomer%20Rating~Top-Rated

Around the Network

15 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#05 NS Grey (down 1)
#16 PS4 UC4 (down 1)
#57 NS Neon (down 6)
#65 PS4 Pro (up 6)
#76 NES (down 14)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
None at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  1 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#05 NS Grey (same)
#15 PS4 UC4 (up 1)
#57 NS Neon (same)
#64 PS4 Pro (up 1)
#69 NES (up 7)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
None at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  1 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Shadow its time for a may thread.

Bandorr said:
Xbox consoles
#136 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#225 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#264 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

Remember when those were all in the top 100? WTF happened.

PS4 exclusives + Switch + Scorpio promotions + no XB1 exclusives = 'What the hell did you think would happen?'

The PS5 Exists. 

Bandorr said:
Xbox consoles
#136 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#225 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#264 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

Remember when those were all in the top 100? WTF happened.

I think a better question is... how long will xbox one sales stay like this?

PS4 is on a hot streak with games, Switch just released, and Scorpio is probably many months away (5-6).

Microsoft need a good E3.