By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung s8 ans s8+.. yay or nay? other phone to recommend?

I'll keep my Note 4 until the Note 8 comes in Sept.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I'm really loving my Pixel.
Honestly, I was really tired of Galaxy bloatware, and performance drops later in the lifespan. I've had three galaxy phones and it's always the same. Every upgrade takes more storage out of your phone, and slows it down. Apps also open slowly.
Galaxy cameras are pretty shit as well.
I decided to try out pixel, and I'm really happy with it. I can't compare to a galaxy 8, but pixel is worth considering.

Huh? I can understand the other complaints but the camera? Virtually every single reviewer praise the Galaxy cameras since the Galaxy S4 days. And the S7 camera not only beats the iphone 7 camera is most situations, but trades blows with the pixel camera and is able to take better videos during night time...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

theprof00 said:
Honestly, I was really tired of Galaxy bloatware, and performance drops later in the lifespan. I've had three galaxy phones and it's always the same. Every upgrade takes more storage out of your phone, and slows it down. Apps also open slowly.
I decided to try out pixel, and I'm really happy with it. I can't compare to a galaxy 8, but pixel is worth considering.

That was my problem with note 4... too much stuff in it that i dont really care... o2 saturation? Yeah i dont need that... lol and bixby looks like it will be heavy... but their phone has been solid on my experience.... camera as long as it take decent even with low pixel count is fine with me... btw how long will you keep your pixels?

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Is it confirmed around sept? Damnnn i need that confirmation... every s series looks pale to it's note counterpart. 

aikohualda said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Is it confirmed around sept? Damnnn i need that confirmation... every s series looks pale to it's note counterpart. 

Just rumors so far, and I agree the Note series has a polish that the S series lacks. The Note 7 was a beautiful device, really unfortunate they had to pull it. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
theprof00 said:

Huh? I can understand the other complaints but the camera? Virtually every single reviewer praise the Galaxy cameras since the Galaxy S4 days. And the S7 camera not only beats the iphone 7 camera is most situations, but trades blows with the pixel camera and is able to take better videos during night time...

Front facing camera uses a modified fisheye lens. The quality is good, but the fisheye is literally the worst for front facing cams.

Pixel is an awesome phone.

I am a bit biased however, as I greatly mark down any phone that bloats Android such as TouchWiz does.

But from my personal usage of a Pixel, it's awesome.

Aside from that, I have also multiple family members with Moto phones and they are awesome as well. They do have lower price range models that actually work really, really well, as well as a couple high-end models if that is more your fancy.

Usually I'd jump instantly but I will not support this curved bullshit anymore. It serves no purpose, bends the screen and as such the image and is explicitly designed to reflect light into my face. Waiting for the Pixel 2.

If Pixel 2 comes with a curved screen I'm just gonna sue google for raping common sense.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Buy the s7 edge

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Compare any phone to the Droid Moto Z Force. It's incredible!!

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S8,Motorola-Moto-Z-Force-Droid-Edition/phones/10311,10112

Uh oh... Maybe I spoke to soon. I do love "Moto Mods", though. The ability to attach a speaker, cover, battery pack, projector​, etc just can't be beat, imo.