By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Republicans Vote To Allow Internet Providers to Sell Your Browsing History

VGPolyglot said:

Ah yes, like we're all millionaires that can afford to startup our own ISP.

Then tough shit for them ... 

People need to understand that they are at the mercy of relying on an outside infrastructure ... 

As a customer I can only trust what Microsoft, Intel, or Google is doing behind my back is right and by right I don't necessarily mean for consumers but as a compromise ... 

ISPs have EVERY RIGHT to access your info because you need to understand that the network belongs to them and not us ... 

Around the Network

Wow, this Party wants to set America backwards. Just disgusting and sad.

fatslob-:O said:
VGPolyglot said:

People need to understand that they are at the mercy of relying on an outside infrastructure ... 

As a customer I can only trust what Microsoft, Intel, or Google is doing behind my back is right and by right I don't necessarily mean for consumers but as a compromise ... 

ISPs have EVERY RIGHT to access your info because you need to understand that the network belongs to them and not us ... 

They have the "right" to do it because they say so. So, you believe in might is right? That the people in power can just do whatever they want, and that it should be legimitate just because they have the monetary advantage to do so?

VGPolyglot said:

They have the "right" to do it because they say so. So, you believe in might is right? That the people in power can just do whatever they want, and that it should be legimitate just because they have the monetary advantage to do so?

Justice isn't there to solely provide for the weak, it exists to provide for EVERYONE including the strong such as the likes of Trump too ... (Progressives fail to understand this.) 

It's in their right because it's their "property", not ours ... 

You and the progressives are very confused regarding the people in power with property can and cannot do. The people in power cannot do whatever they want like you seem to imply they can only do what's allowed according to law ... 

Google is already doing this.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Justice isn't there to solely provide for the weak, it exists to provide for EVERYONE including the strong such as the likes of Trump too ... (Progressives fail to understand this.) 

It's in their right because it's their "property", not ours ... 

You and the progressives are very confused regarding the people in power with property can and cannot do. The people in power cannot do whatever they want like you seem to imply they can only do what's allowed according to law ... 

I'm not denying that they can do that, because de facto (and by the laws that they make ,de jure) they are able to do it. They can do what they like so far as they can avoid revolution. Also, you're acting like I care about their "property rights": I am a communist, I don't give a shit about their private property excuse as private property shouldn't exist in the first place.

VGPolyglot said:

I'm not denying that they can do that, because de facto (and by the laws that they make ,de jure) they are able to do it. They can do what they like so far as they can avoid revolution. Also, you're acting like I care about their "property rights": I am a communist, I don't give a shit about their private property excuse as private property shouldn't exist in the first place.

Well if you don't agree with the courts then I guess that's the end of this discussion ... 

VGPolyglot said:

Well if you don't agree with the courts then I guess that's the end of this discussion ... 

So, you just agree with whatever the courts tell you to?

VGPolyglot said:

Explicitely informing the consumer what information they are giving away would be a bare minimum, however. This is a price that they demand, the price must always be apparent to the consumer.

Information does not belong to those that are paid to spread it. If you send, let's say, a product prototype by mail, Fedex would have no right to sell your ideas to a company, for example. 

You pay for information to be given transmitted. This does not give an automatic right to the messenger to your information.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

VGPolyglot said:

So, you just agree with whatever the courts tell you to?

Well considering that the United States practices the separation of powers to a fairly extreme degree and that the judicial branch is separate from the executive or the legislative branch and that the US is one of the countries with the most judicial independence along with the fact that they rule in accordance to precedent then yeah the courts are fair enough to agree with ... 

At least the court rulings in the US are more fair to agree with than with whatever communist country like China or North korea ever will be because the dominant party are literally the courts themselves! (Communism doesn't care about precedence and that's bad as far as governance goes.)