By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star at the Bar #7: Tornado's & VGChartz Lock-Outs

Farsala said:
StarOcean said:

What part of tornado alley? I used to live in the Dallas-Fortworth area. That place got baaad in the Summer. Had a neighbors house get destroyed by a tornado when I was 5. Actually gave me the extreme phobia I have of tornados now XD I do remember the strong wind doing the same to me once! It was fun

Iowa. It is odd that NA gets the majority of  tornadoes and all the other continents barely get any, and if so they are puny compared to Tornado Alley tornadoes.

I always thought it was odd too. I think Australia gets them as well. Not like ours though.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
StarOcean said:

Do you stay or leave when they come?

In the past we've evacuated, but recently there haven't been any horrible hurricanes that directly affect my area. I don't know what I'd do now. It's a bit safer for me to not evacuate than say someone who lives directly on the coasts, at least.

Live midland Florida?

StarOcean said:
NintendoPie said:

In the past we've evacuated, but recently there haven't been any horrible hurricanes that directly affect my area. I don't know what I'd do now. It's a bit safer for me to not evacuate than say someone who lives directly on the coasts, at least.

Live midland Florida?

Central Florida, yes. Orlando area to be specific.

NintendoPie said:
StarOcean said:

Live midland Florida?

Central Florida, yes. Orlando area to be specific.

Man, I gotta go to Florida

You got the tornadophobia too? I thought I was the only one! Your GF's parents were being assholes. I just threw a DualShock 4 into a garbage can full of snotty kleenex. Trying to avoid having a rage cigarette. You may have saved me with this thread.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
You got the tornadophobia too? I thought I was the only one! Your GF's parents were being assholes. I just threw a DualShock 4 into a garbage can full of snotty kleenex. Trying to avoid having a rage cigarette. You may have saved me with this thread.

I hope I have! Oh god the people at this bar are creeps...

StarOcean said:
COKTOE said:

Totally worked. No smoke. I was pretty pissed off for a few minutes, but yeah, thanks. A controller that had no business malfunctioning, was malfunctioning. Right analog stick. I was surprised how easy it was to pull the stick right out of the controller. Try it if you don't believe me. :) Are the patrons giving off a vibe? Acting like fools? Harassing people? Racist chanting?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
StarOcean said:

Totally worked. No smoke. I was pretty pissed off for a few minutes, but yeah, thanks. A controller that had no business malfunctioning, was malfunctioning. Right analog stick. I was surprised how easy it was to pull the stick right out of the controller. Try it if you don't believe me. :) Are the patrons giving off a vibe? Acting like fools? Harassing people? Racist chanting?

I've had the analogue stick get messed up like that before. Once had a friend pull it out by accident. Cept it didnt come back in e.e 

Nah some 50-60yr old man came up to me asking for my name claiming to be a new bartender here, bull-fucking-shit. He's drunk as fuck and is disgusting to look at. Offered me a drink, he looks like a serial rapist :P then he says to me, "Well if you need anything, just ask. I'll give you what you want... if you need anything at all." then the fuck winked at me x~x 

StarOcean said:
COKTOE said:

I've had the analogue stick get messed up like that before. Once had a friend pull it out by accident. Cept it didnt come back in e.e 

Nah some 50-60yr old man came up to me asking for my name claiming to be a new bartender here, bull-fucking-shit. He's drunk as fuck and is disgusting to look at. Offered me a drink, he looks like a serial rapist :P then he says to me, "Well if you need anything, just ask. I'll give you what you want... if you need anything at all." then the fuck winked at me x~x 

WOW dude. Yeah, that's pretty creepy all right. Lying, drunk, and a closing line + wink that would make the most world weary , seasoned bar hopper uncomfortable.

COKTOE said:
StarOcean said:

WOW dude. Yeah, that's pretty creepy all right. Lying, drunk, and a closing line + wink that would make the most world weary , seasoned bar hopper uncomfortable.

Ugh, I want my client to get sick or something so we can leave. This is not the first time shit has happened at the bar. I think a few threads ago a couple of weird people came up to me and I wrote about it