By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA6: Will it release this Generation?

psh who cares. I mean will it even sell? I feel like the franchise is dead. Zelda has already beaten every game of all time apparently.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

@Mr. Joker

You and me both brother

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

poklane said:

I predict they're gonna do the same exact thing they did with GTA V. Release the game only on PS4 and XB1 just a few months before the next-gen consoles release, then about 9-12months after the PS5 and new XB are out release it for those platforms and then another few months later release it for the PC.
It's a great way to get people to buy your game multiple times. Lets be real here, if GTA V didn't release in September 2013 on last gen consoles and November 2014 on current gen consoles but instead released in November 2013 across all 4 platforms (PS3, PS4, XB360 and XB1) then last gen sales would have been wayyyy lower.

This.

I expect to see GTA6 in 2020. Around 6 months before the release of the PS5/XB2. Just that this time around it would probably be a launch title for those consoles. Its only worked so well for them with GTA5. no reason they don't do it again. 

Honestly, I'd still be sipping on mixed drinks in the Bahamas while I "recharged my creativity".

Of course. At the end of the generation though

Slade the Spade - Reborn

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiuZkJjGLEh0IikHnSkfSyA

https://twitter.com/kwipgaming

Covert Agent | Professional Troll | Unbiased Fanboy

Around the Network

theyre planning to have GTA VI include the entire US. we dont know specifically what that means, but that is a huge project that will take at least like 5 years or so just to lay the foundation. i say just give it time. GTA V aint broke yet

Why when shark cards are making a killing?

I think GTA6 will release right around the 2nd upgrade for PS4 & Xbox One. It think it will be one of the big games optimized for the launch of the final revision of the current gen hardware, and that should be around 2020.

GTA6 will be on PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS4 Premium in 2020, with a remaster for PS5 in 2024.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

onionberry said:
For that franchise it doesn't matter anymore, they can release gta 6 at the end of the generation or in the middle of the next generation, it's going to sell. 2020 is my bet.

What is stopping any gta from going to the switch or any Nintendo console? I can play gta on my phone but not on Nintendo consoles, so the answer would be "pride" you know, because of the past... and the other answer "we don't give a shit about Nintendo" They treat PC gamers as second class citizen, but at least they treat them.

It's clearly not pride, given they made a brand new GTA entry for the DS (a very good one too). I think for the most part they just don't consider Nintendo releases worth it, and i can't blame them. Making a dedicated title for the 3DS or WiiU likley wouldn't be worth it, and GTA5 is a hard sell too. It wouldn't have run on the 3DS at all, and the WiiU had a small install base mostly composed of Nintendo fans.

GTA6 isn't 100% impossible, but also unlikely. The Switch needs to be successful, show its install base are open to 3rd party releases, and Rockstar be willing to re-engineer the entire game to work on the Switch's portable mode (which would be interesting, since the raw gap between the portable Switch and a PS4 is almost a full generation jump).

I sure hope so. Sooner the better but the 2019 & 2020 dates mentioned are the most realistic, which is a bummer.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."