By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's that time again! An early E3 wish list/prediction thread.

Xeon said:

- Arms release date set for the Fall.

ARMS is set like spring release, most likely it will be May release.

Around the Network

Lemme think... (this is mix of personal wishes and expected things)

-Full unveiling on Xbox Scorpio

-Detailed info on:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Days Gone
Detroit
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Spider-Man
Shenmue III
Splatoon 2 (more info on post launch content)
Super Mario Odyssey

-Basic Info/Teasers on:
Last of Us 2
FFVII Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
Xenoblade 2 (I expect this to get delayed)

-DLC for:
 Horizon Zero Dawn
 Persona 5
 Breath of the Wild (more info on it)

-More PS2 games for PS4

-At least two new IPs for PlayStation

-Huge update for Nintendo Switch, featuring video playback updates and extra features like video sharing

-Random spinoff from Nintendo based off Breath of the Wild

Last two is wishful thinking for me:

-Metroid teaser

-Persona spinoff for Nintendo Switch feat. the Persona 5 cast.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ARMS is set like spring release, most likely it will be May release.

Ahh, much sooner than I thought :D

Nintendo will show of the mobile Switch companion App with all its Multiplayer features. It should be already there with MK8 Deluxe and Splatoon but I have the feeling that the App gets delayed...

Bandorr said:
SpokenTruth said:

Rumble was a progress from what?

. In 1976, Sega's motorbike game Moto-Cross,[11] also known as Fonz,[12] was the first game to use haptic feedback which caused the handlebars to vibrate during a collision with another vehicle.[13] Tatsumi's TX-1 introduced force feedback to car driving games in 1983.[14] The game Earthshaker! was the first pinball machine with haptic feedback in 1989.[15]

When did Nintendo get rumble? The Rumble pak for Nintendo 64 right? In 1997?

Which is also the same year as "Force Feedback Pro" and the Dualshock.

So Nintendo used "rumble" as an expansion pack 21 years after Sega, and in the same year that Microsoft and Sony released actual controllers.

While I can agree with it being used, this was an arcade cab. They really didn't add it to a console controller.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
bigtakilla said:

While I can agree with it being used, this was an arcade cab. They really didn't add it to a console controller.

True. Although you can see that it is very likely that Sony/Microsoft got it from someone other than Nintendo.

Specially since Microsoft/Sony put it in an actual controller and not just an add on - all three in the same year. If you wanted to save you had to take the rumble add on out and put in the save one right? I can't remember but I do remember finding that annoying.

Then the dreamcast got it in like 1999 as an add on? And I think every controller has had it since then. Showing that it both started before Nintendo - and how it became evolution of the controller.

I won't say you're wrong, but I do find it coincidental that if they all had the idea at the same time that they would have came out with it a year after Nintendo... 

Bandorr said:
bigtakilla said:

I won't say you're wrong, but I do find it coincidental that if they all had the idea at the same time that they would have came out with it a year after Nintendo... 

They all came out in 1997. The image says 1998 is using the US date. Not the Japan date.

Seems unlikely that Microsoft and Sony both took the idea of rumble, AND improved it by actually making it part of controllers with in such a smaller period of time.

I can't say impossible - but I'd say quite unlikely.

Ah, I see. So it's a bit more strange than it first appears.

Mother 3 and Metroid for Switch

A reasonable price for the Scorpio (~$550 tops)

umm, I honestly don't know with Sony as they still have a lot of projects in the works; probably more VR titles? I'd love to see some of the better known games that released over the last few years patched to include some sort of VR support DLC

Really, I'm most excited to see what's coming for the Switch given how recently it launched, and also hope they sell me on the Scorpio as I've been away from the Xbox brand since the 360.

My biggest concern is that Nintendo will devote too much time to and unveil releases for the 3DS that will largely turn into negative press, especially if most of their promised big reveals at E3 are for that handheld rather than the Switch itself. The coexistence of the two is already a little awkward, and you could really lose a lot of the good will the Switch built up if lots of games Switch owners would love wind up exclusively on the 3DS.