By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best video game concerts you've heard or been to

koyotecat said:
Been to the Zelda symphony and The Pokemon symphony hard to say which I enjoyed more lol. Planning on going to the Updated Zelda one with Breath of the wild music. One I really want to go to is Video games live

How was the pokemon one? I remember when it was announced but never heard anything about it. Hard to imagine pokemon music played by a symphony haha

Around the Network

I'm gonna have to second you on SCORE. I listen to that concert on a regular basis. I've never actually been to any sort of VG music concert, but it's definitely on my bucket list. How much did you have to pay for tickets to Distant Worlds?

I only went to one game concert. And it was the Distant World concert in Montreal this last February.

It was awesome.

Trunkin said:
I'm gonna have to second you on SCORE. I listen to that concert on a regular basis. I've never actually been to any sort of VG music concert, but it's definitely on my bucket list. How much did you have to pay for tickets to Distant Worlds?

I actually lucked out and got in for free :3 a friend of mine had some family connections to the SF Symphony Orchestra and got us top-knotch seats. Looking at pricing for the upcoming Salt Lake City performance, tickets range from around $60 to $100 depending on seat location.

Video games live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLnRgErPDOs

Really great concerts. I even backed their albums on Kickstarter

Around the Network

I love listening to Luxendarc Kikou, Sound Horizon's concert for Bravely Default. Bravely Default's soundtrack is already great but they expand on everything in the concert. From Revo's accordion solo to Marty Friedman's guitar playing, I just find it awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIpuaWVAec

jigokutamago said:

I love listening to Luxendarc Kikou, Sound Horizon's concert for Bravely Default. Bravely Default's soundtrack is already great but they expand on everything in the concert. From Revo's accordion solo to Marty Friedman's guitar playing, I just find it awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIpuaWVAec

Wow, never knew about that! Love the BD soundtrack, even if the game itself was a bit of a letdown for me. I'll have to find time to listen to the whole thing!

DJjazzyGETH said:
koyotecat said:
Been to the Zelda symphony and The Pokemon symphony hard to say which I enjoyed more lol. Planning on going to the Updated Zelda one with Breath of the wild music. One I really want to go to is Video games live

How was the pokemon one? I remember when it was announced but never heard anything about it. Hard to imagine pokemon music played by a symphony haha

It was extremely well done actually lol, they kinda add a bit of flair to the songs so it doesn't sound as simple as you might think. 

Here's my favorite they played

koyotecat said:
DJjazzyGETH said:

It was extremely well done actually lol, they kinda add a bit of flair to the songs so it doesn't sound as simple as you might think. 

Here's my favorite they played

That's quite nice! People often underplay the strength of Pokemon music, especially the flexibility offered by the early games. By being chip-tune, I feel like they offer more in the way of reinvention through orchestra. Wish I had gone!

DJjazzyGETH said:
Trunkin said:

I actually lucked out and got in for free :3 a friend of mine had some family connections to the SF Symphony Orchestra and got us top-knotch seats. Looking at pricing for the upcoming Salt Lake City performance, tickets range from around $60 to $100 depending on seat location.

You lucky bastard! That actually sounds like something I could afford, though. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for if/when they have a concert somewhere within 100miles of me.