By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Most Played Series (by number of games played)

Tagged games:

Your Most Played Series?

Super Mario 41 18.64%

The Legend of Zelda 36 16.36%

Final Fantasy 51 23.18%

Call of Duty 11 5.00%

Castlevania 1 0.45%

Mega Man 6 2.73%

Metroid 0 0%

Street Fighter 0 0%

Pokemon 32 14.55%

Something else! 42 19.09%

Total:220

I was all set to write Mario as my most played franchise - but I think Halo beats it by one for me.

I'm surprised I've never played a Final Fantasy or Pokemon game - given how many and how long those franchises have existed.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

1. Pokémon 

2. Final Fantasy (the early one's)

3. Super Mario

4. ..... Call of Duty ( I loved the WW2 and modern setting )

5. Zero Escape. The 3 volumes basically :P

How'd you feel about Zero Time Dilemma? It felt like a step backward from Virtue's Last Reward for me.

Pokémon 

Call of Duty

Assassin's Creed

Final Fantasy

Jpcc86 said:

Incluiding spinoffs: 

Final Fantasy -  21  
Zelda -  14 
Dragon Quest - 13 
Main Mario series: 10
Mario Kart series - 7
Pokemon - 10
Megaman - 12
Donkey Kong Country - 6
Suikoden - 6
Resident Evil - 6
MGS - 6
Castlevania - 12
Knack - 1

Another Castlevania man! Nice :)

I just looked up Resident Evil and it actually passes my Call of Duty number. It's at 11, if you count the 2002 REmake. Resident Evil 7 just pushed it over the edge.

Should be:

1. Zelda
2. Pokemon
3. Mario (not including spinoffs)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

1. Zelda (18 games)
2. Mario platformers (16 games)
3. Final Fantasy (14 games)
4. Call of Duty (12 games)
5. NHL (11 games)
6. Metroid (11 games)
7. Ratchet & Clank (11 games)
8. Tony Hawk (10 games)
9. Assassin's Creed (9 games)
10. Metal Gear (8 games)

A close tie between Mario and Zelda probably. Depends on whether I count both 2D and 3D Mario together or split them up.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

For me it is a tie at 11 titles for both Super Mario and Final Fantasy.

Zelda is at the top for me as well. I've played every mainline game, and every spinoff released outside Japan with the exception of Triforce Heroes (I consider it a spinoff regardless of the time line).

After that, probably Mario or Pokemon if you include spinoffs, Fire Emblem if you don't. Megaman if you include every sub-series.

Not the OP's question, but Fire Emblem wins for overall time for sure. Not only are the games medium-long to long generally, but I've played every title before Awakening at least twice. Path of Radiance I've played 6 times at least, which really adds up.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Zelda is at the top for me as well. I've played every mainline game, and every spinoff released outside Japan with the exception of Triforce Heroes (I consider it a spinoff regardless of the time line).

After that, probably Mario or Pokemon if you include spinoffs, Fire Emblem if you don't. Megaman if you include every sub-series.

Not the OP's question, but Fire Emblem wins for overall time for sure. Not only are the games medium-long to long generally, but I've played every title before Awakening at least twice. Path of Radiance I've played 6 times at least, which really adds up.

Yeah, I've been thinking about overall time, too. 

It's probably Mario Kart or Smash Bros. I imagine I spent as much time with Double Dash!! or Melee as I did with all the Zelda games combined.