By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unbelievable. Breath of the Wild at 97 Metacritic? Not after this:

I have only played through one Zelda game: A Link to the Past. It was on Nintendo's last great system, in my opinion, the SNES! What a great 16-bit system. Anyway, my point is that I had imagined picking up a Wii U (used) and a used copy of Breath of the Wild. Well, that is in question after reading this headline: http://nintendotoday.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-speed-record-has-been. I was so disappointed. 97 Metacritic? I think not.

Around the Network

Soo.... you're disappointed because you can beat it relatively quick....?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Haha I'm gonna assume you're joking.

This game is going to be fun to watch speedrunners play, but I'm still avoiding spoilers for the moment so I've not been able to yet. It'll definitely be one of the main highlights in GDQ events in the future.

All of these years of development. All the years of fans waiting. All the 100s on Metacritic for a game that is beaten in length by many 8-bit games?!

You realize speedruns ain't a measure of anything, right?

You realize something like Ocarina of Time lasts 18 minutes in a speedrun, right?

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

This game is going to be fun to watch speedrunners play, but I'm still avoiding spoilers for the moment so I've not been able to yet. It'll definitely be one of the main highlights in GDQ events in the future.

No joking. No modern game should only take under an hour to complete. It should be impossible for a huge open world game. What a massive letdown.

...I still can't tell if you're joking lol

Speedrunners annihilate games that would normally take the average person ages to beat. I imagine the record is going to absolutely plummet from there.

Here's a list of Zelda games and their speedrun records... it rarely takes more than a couple of hours:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Zelda_speedrunning_records

You must be bored.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

niceguygameplayer said:
Johnw1104 said:

No joking. No modern game should only take under an hour to complete. It should be impossible for a huge open world game. What a massive letdown.

Well then you are a very silly man who is allowing himself to get upset about a non-issue lol

He's joking, clearly.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won