By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conkers Bad Fur Day's War story is inspired by the film Saving Private Ryan????

Sooo I'm pretty spooked right now. This morning I made my breakfast and I ALWAYS start a movie when I eat. When I'm done eating Idecide if I want to finish the movie or not..... then I noticed the begining of Saving Private Ryan is EXACTLY like Conkers Bad Fur day.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is a video game I grew up with since Day 1, and it just happens to be my favorite video game of all time. When I saw the begining of Saving Private Ryan, at first I said "this seems familiar" then a minute later, I put my coffee down and said "THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE CONKER"

In both the Film and Conker's War chapter start off by both main characters being in a boat with other soldiers. Conker and Tom Hanks look around in confusion. 1 squirrel puke while 2 men puke. The door opens and they are getting shot at. They dive into water, they see solders die underwater by the bulllets shooting underneath the water, they go on the beach and the audio cuts out, they look around and see soldiers in blood, dying, and crying for help. The beach's from the film and game are also super similar. VG takes place in the evening while the film takes place during the day. Conker runs to a corner and him and another squirrel are the only ones. other Squirrel says "its not enough, its not enough" while Tom Hanks is with a small group of soldiers and one of them says the same line.

I know the Film came out a few years earlier so the Video Game MUST be inspired by it. Or maybe its a super huge coincidince.  As a HUGE Conker Fan for over 15 years, I have NEVER knew the War plot was the same as a movie. I never watched Saving Private Ryan before either.... 

Around the Network

Are you serious?

d21lewis said:
Are you serious?

Someone is going to shit bricks if he find about D-Day not being the day that some chicks going to hunt for the D..

Wasn't it inspired by a lot of films? That's where a lot of the scenarios come from, films.

Is this a troll thread or.......

Around the Network

You only just realized this?

d21lewis said:
Are you serious?

Look, we've already debunked this myth. Conker was in development long before Saving Private Ryan. Spielberg was a huge Nintendo fan. He wanted to prove he could make a new Mario movie and when he saw test footage of Conker, he made a scene in homage to that game. Nintendo took one look at it and filed a "cease and decide" order.

Spielberg went on to make Saving Private Ryan and changed all of the animals into people. The rest is cinematic history. You young gamers don't know anything!

:)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Did you know there's a Matrix spoof in there too? Not many people caught it