By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Choose either Daylight Saving Time or Standard Time but you can't have both...

Which one do you choose?

Standard Time 44 57.89%

Daylight Saving Time 32 42.11%

Total:76

I'm sick of these fucking time changes (spring forward) and I believe most of USA is also considering numerous states this year have bills that are trying to eliminate the time change. Most are trying to either choose DST or standard time and thats it.  I don't mind the DST but what I do mind is losing a fucking hour every year around this time.  Over half the nations in the world stay with standard time all year round and don't have to put up with this bullshit time change.

Daylight saving time only helps with more sunlight at night so in essence the main industry that receieves a positive benefit would be entertainment/recreational industry.  It doesn't save energy (light energy is decreased while heating and cooling is increased making zero difference), farmers don't like it (especially dairy farmers which it throws the timing off their milking schedule), and it increases workplace accidents, heart attacks, etc the following few days after the time change in losing a hour.

So there you have it.   Choose Daylight Saving Time or Standard time but you can't have both.

Around the Network

Daylight savings time is better. Its what we have for 8 months of the year anyway.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Daylight savings time is better. Its what we have for 8 months of the year anyway.

Yea, I don't mind the more sunlight at night part but this time change has to go.  If it were DST or standard time doesn't matter too much to me.  I just want to end the spring forward.

Standard time, just like the name suggests. If you want to work at different hours, just change your working hours instead of trying to change time itself. Changing the time to change working hours has to be one of the most retarded ideas I've ever heard of, I swear.

I honestly dont care. Having to set time for all time displaying devices sucked, but now most devices do it themselves.

If I had to choose - DST

Around the Network

Standard, I hate having lighter nights.

edit - dumb stoned rant post

Daylight savings time. I LOVE more sunlight. Never change it.

Maybe you need to grow up. It's an hour jesus.

Harkins1721 said:
Maybe you need to grow up. It's an hour jesus.

Tell that to the people that had a workplace injury or heart attack thanks to losing a hour.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-heart-daylightsaving-idUSBREA2S0D420140329

"Switching over to daylight saving time, and losing one hour of sleep, raised the risk of having a heart attack the following Monday by 25 percent, compared to other Mondays during the year, according to a new U.S. study released on Saturday.

By contrast, heart attack risk fell 21 percent later in the year, on the Tuesday after the clock was returned to standard time, and people got an extra hour's sleep."

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/risk-management/pages/workplace-injuries-daylight-saving-time.aspx

"the DST switch resulted in U.S. workers getting 40 minutes less sleep, a 5.7 percent increase in workplace injuries and nearly 68 percent more workdays lost to injuries."