By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 is the best horror game ever made.

Resident Evil 7.

Best horror game ever made. 19 12.93%

One of the best. 64 43.54%

Amazing. 31 21.09%

Not good at all. 33 22.45%

Total:147

First things first: When I read Capcom was going back to their horror roots with REVII I thought "Yeah, right, fat chance..."

I had no faith whatsoever in this game, but I bought it because I wanted a AAA game to play with my shinny PSVR headset.

Well, that did not went well.

After 2 hours playing the game in PSVR I decided I am too much of a coward to go through it, I almost died 5 times of a heart attack.

So, I put both away.

Then, I had a plan: finish the game in normal mode, to know where the scares are, then do it again in VR.

Well, first thing: the game is at least 50% less scary in normal mode, even playing in 49 inches 4K curve HDR TV.

But, I got tell you guys, it is still scary, scream in horror scary.

Now I am 7 hours into. That is because I stop after every hour or less for a rest, like a whole day... a brain rest mind you, cause the game is so well crafted that I fear it could drive me insane if I went right through it.

When I was a teenager I played Silent Hill. And after finishing it, I had nightmares about it.

I got say: I dreamed about RE7 4 times already, and the scenes, sounds and even music stay with me: it is a masterpiece.

So, I think it is the most amazing horror game I ever played in my life, and no matter how much it sells, it is less than it deserves.

One thing though: beware playing it in VR, it is almost dangerous if you have a heart condition.

I am so amazed. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
I see you also played Alien Isolation. Did you think it was more scary then that?.
And from what i seen of it i just hate the first person mode of the new Resi game. It doesnt even feel like Resident Evil imo but more like Outlast crossed with Texas Chansaw. Sure it scary, but it isnt Resi .

Alien Isolation was nice, but it is not even at the same level Zero, RE7 is light years better.

Also, I wish you gave the game one hour of chance. When you see the inventory, the save rooms, the herbs, scavenge for ammo and search the maps, resolve the puzzles and manage slots, you will feel at home. It feels a lot like RE, but at the same time, it feels very unique and new.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

No game has scared me like that game did.

This game and Ace Combat 7 are the reasons im eventually (one day) getting a PSVR.

It looks awesome. 2 things keep me from it. My huge backlog. And overwhelming cowardice. :) I just don't enjoy horror like I used to.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
It looks awesome. 2 things keep me from it. My huge backlog. And overwhelming cowardice. :) I just don't enjoy horror like I used to.

I tell you Coktoe, do not even try to play it start to finish in VR, some parts are just terrifying. In normal mode I screamed so loud at one part that my neighboor dog start to bark...

umegames said:
No game has scared me like that game did.

Same here, not even close. It is like 5,6 solid scares for every hour of gameplay and a constant feeling of fear.

John2290 said:
Haven't played it yet, maybe next October 31st, hopfully with PSVR or if I get the random mood in between,

estebxx said:
This game and Ace Combat 7 are the reasons im eventually (one day) getting a PSVR.

Shadow1980 said:

E.T. for the 2600? Superman 64? Shaq-Fu? Big Rigs Over the Road Racing? Now those are scary games.

In all seriousness, though, I honestly wasn't expecting RE7 to be as well-received as it was. Early footage didn't impress me, it was very different from any previous RE game, and there was no real hype around the game prior to release. The last horror game I played was Alien: Isolation, which was good. If RE7 really is even better, I may just have to pick up a copy one day. Once I've finished my current backlog, that is.

I hope you guys play it soon. You will be sooooooo surprised.

WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:

I tell you Coktoe, do not even try to play it start to finish in VR, some parts are just terrifying. In normal mode I screamed so loud at one part that my neighboor dog start to bark...

Ha! The neighbors dog barking at your reactions is a sign of a great game. I haven't spoiled too much with videos, because I DO hope to try it, but I have really enjoyed just watching others play. I would probably want a friend with me if I tried to play it on PSVR.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

No that is Silent Hill 2