By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda Breath of the Wild overrated?

This usually happens with modern games rated this higly on metacritic, and happened to last game that got 98 GTA IV. While at first everyone loves it, after a while everyone starts calling it incredibly overrated. This game has a lot of flaws that seemed to have been ignored so far, but in retrospect will people feel the same way?

Do you think given some time and perspective people will look back on this game as overrated?

Around the Network

Any game who gets a lot of perfect scores is overrated for me.

Definitely 90+, not sure if I consider it tied for second best game of all time. We'll see in due time.

Nopes.

I fully agree with the rave reviews, I have never and I mean never when I say been addicted to a single player game like I am with the Breath of the Wild. Spectacular game.

A lot of flaws? Except for the performance issues, I don't see any.

And do we really need a new thread asking "Is Breath of the Wild really that good?" everyday?

This is already discussed here: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226495

Around the Network

I think it is correct to say if a game is overrated or underrated only after finishing it.... and this doesn't only apply to Zelda BotW but to all games.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

It'll all be whether players will remember BotW overtime. Its only been a week since the game came out. Though personal enjoyment during initial release is just as important and, so far, a majority of people are enjoying the heck out of the game and even some Zelda fans, like HMK, are already claiming its the best in the franchise, which says a lot given its illustrious history. Players are already showing and reflecting on memorable moments in BotW so far. We'll just have to see how its place in gaming history grows as more games come and go. I'm not sure if people immediately thought of OoT as the greatest game of all-time during its initial release at the time.

Hynad said:

A lot of flaws? Except for the performance issues, I don't see any.

And do we really need a new thread asking "Is Breath of the Wild is really that good?" everyday?

This is already discussed here: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226495

Lol yeah. People just cant accept it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Fully deserves those great scores, never have I played a game with such freedom. For once the odd performance issue cannot dent what I think is near flawless gameplay, and its nice to see reviewers get this as well.

It is overrated. With the frame rate issues that game had, it should never have been given a ten. Most pro reviewers are going to realize that when they step back from having played the game. 9.7 is fine too even but give a technically flawed game that affect performance a perfect score takes away from the seriousness of objectivity.