By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda: Stamina or Health?

irstupid said:
caffeinade said:

I maxed out my stamina yesterday and was wondering: How did other people spec their Links?
Currently I am at 3 Hearts and 3 full Stamina bars; where are you guys at?

DIdn't know htere was a max. Assumed you could do whatever.

Anyway, I think I got like 5 hearts and then went stamina till I got a full second bar. Now workign on hearts again. Think i'm now at 11 hearts.

So is there a max hearts then too?

I think 30 is the max hearts, but I don't know for sure.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Stamina is really the best way to go. Sure, there's an exploit that allows you to climb...anything, but other actions use stamina too. Health can be remedied with food. The health system with food seems kinda broken tbh.

So far I've done 4 Stamina, 1 Heart.
After reading this thread I might refocus.

I have 16 hearts right now, so 3 to start, 4 from dungeons and 9 from upgrades, and I have 2 full stamina bars right now. I'm gonna focus a bit more on stamina now.

I currently have 2 stamina circles and 5 hearts. Got one heart from a dungeon after I got a 4th heart since all the meals I prepared regenerate 4 hearts... I have 8 orbs to spend again, tempted to get more stamina as jumping up and around cliffs saves so much time :) Plus I want to glide even further!

How many shrines are there? I guess plenty to get enough hearts after maxing stamina? 40 to max out stamina.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
So far I've done 4 Stamina, 1 Heart.
After reading this thread I might refocus.

You can respec later on in the game.

I just maxed out my stamina as well yesterday. I added two hearts because no one should be running around hyrule with only three hearts, and put everything else into stamina. I think you're fine pretty much anywhere with at least six. I have 8 hearts and a full stamina wheel.

I can't even begin to imagine how much less fun the game would be if I had gone the other route, though. An easier game with less room to explore. Plus you can only run for like two seconds.

Side note, what does everyone do about arrows in this game? I'm at the point now where I feel like there should be a much easier way to have a lot of each type, but everything is so expensive and limited, and I don't want to grind them off of enemies. Should I just stop being a baby and just buy them?

caffeinade said:
Bajablo said:

required... if you think about the first zelda game, then you have the number to reach (though it is not called the master-sword in that game)

Will potions work.
I have a meal that will give me 19 extra hearts.

No it will not.

spemanig said:
I just maxed out my stamina as well yesterday. I added two hearts because no one should be running around hyrule with only three hearts, and put everything else into stamina. I think you're fine pretty much anywhere with at least six. I have 8 hearts and a full stamina wheel.

I can't even begin to imagine how much less fun the game would be if I had gone the other route, though. An easier game with less room to explore. Plus you can only run for like two seconds.

Side note, what does everyone do about arrows in this game? I'm at the point now where I feel like there should be a much easier way to have a lot of each type, but everything is so expensive and limited, and I don't want to grind them off of enemies. Should I just stop being a baby and just buy them?

You get a fair bit off enemies, but buying is a sure fire way to ensure that you stay at healthy amount.
Remember, this game is about exploring; that includes weapons and combat.

I find that three stamina is good enough for almost everything, and I have been doing life otherwise. But now I'm thinking on adding one more.