By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best explanation of Breath of the wild

onionberry said:
spemanig said:
Breath of the Wild is not just a game with so much to do, but a game that makes you want to do so much.

deep. deeper than Lake Hylia <3

<3

Around the Network

That video made me lol so hard. Not only did I learn some cool new tricks watching this, but now I want to find a raft and try to sail the skies with my own air ship xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

RolStoppable said:
areason said:
The boss fight actually kinda turned me away from it.

There was no boss fight in the video, only normal enemies.

The guardian isn't a semi boss? 

areason said:
RolStoppable said:

I've been ass raped by a guardian but no. Not a boss. Just a tough enemy that I figure I'll take on later on. There was about five or more of them littering the landscape leading to Hyrule castle. I tried to avoid them but one caught me.

For the record, I didn't watch the video. Trying to learn everything on my own. I might be thinking of something different.

d21lewis said:
areason said:

I've been ass raped by a guardian but no. Not a boss. Just a tough enemy that I figure I'll take on later on. There was about five or more of them littering the landscape leading to Hyrule castle. I tried to avoid them but one caught me.

For the record, I didn't watch the video. Trying to learn everything on my own. I might be thinking of something different.

The video just shows a fight against a small guardian. You know the ones you encounter when doing a "combat shrine"

The video has zero spoilers from what I recall. But I would suggest people play the game for a while first. It's neat to experience many of the things first hand by yourself versus seeing them done.

Now, I've played like 30+ hours I would bet and watching this video, there were a ton of things I never thought of doing, didn't know you could do and just amazed to see. So it's a great watch, but as I said, try to experience the game beforehand first. Much cooler feeling doing one of those things yourself without knowing you can than watching it being done.

But this video is almost like a "Here are 50 things you didn't know you coudl do in this game, but can" It's a good watch for experienced players of the game to learn new tricks they may not have known. I mean heck, the game doesn't even tell you that you can shield surf. Withouth internet showing me that, I would have never known I can't imagine. Maybe gotten lucky and randomly hit teh right buttons.

Around the Network
irstupid said:

d21lewis said:

The video just shows a fight against a small guardian. You know the ones you encounter when doing a "combat shrine"

The video has zero spoilers from what I recall. But I would suggest people play the game for a while first. It's neat to experience many of the things first hand by yourself versus seeing them done.

Now, I've played like 30+ hours I would bet and watching this video, there were a ton of things I never thought of doing, didn't know you could do and just amazed to see. So it's a great watch, but as I said, try to experience the game beforehand first. Much cooler feeling doing one of those things yourself without knowing you can than watching it being done.

But this video is almost like a "Here are 50 things you didn't know you coudl do in this game, but can" It's a good watch for experienced players of the game to learn new tricks they may not have known. I mean heck, the game doesn't even tell you that you can shield surf. Withouth internet showing me that, I would have never known I can't imagine. Maybe gotten lucky and randomly hit teh right buttons.

I shield surfed once. Know idea what I did, though. Later on, how to do it appeared as one of those loading screen tips. I hit "a" too fast and missed it.

I guess I'll watch the video...maybe.

areason said:
RolStoppable said:

No. Neither the Lynel/Centaurs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile