By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So have you updated your PS4 to 4.50? Problems?

I found the new notification area confusing at first since it is now bulked together by type. I was seeing I had what at first appeared to be one download but then when I clicked that, I could see the rest.

I then thought, this is much better. I now prefer it this way.

Around the Network

I noticed a very perceptible differenc playing the 3yo game, Thief in boost mode. It's much more butter smooth now. Haven't test much else yet.

There was an update for psvr as well, 2.50. I guess for 3D blu-ray playback. It also said psvr would get improved theater mode.

I tried Prometheus and Tangled in 3D. It works but it's nothing compared to VR. The scale just isn't there and the back borders ruin the illusion. Even with maximum screen size it still feels wrong. Prometheus looks like a pop up book, Tangled looks better since it's fully rendered in 3D but the scale, edges and not responding to head movements make it a poor gimmick compared to for example the Joshua Bell VR experience.
Other problems are that 24fps on the low persistance oled screen looks like stop motion, and there is no sound, only headphones support. TV signal (to amplifier) is blank while 3D blu-ray plays over psvr.
Anyway as a 3D movie player with headphones, I guess it's no worse than on a 3D tv. At least there is zero cross-over and zero flicker.

I haven't tried boost mode yet, notifications are indeed a mess, back to Zelda.

I have deleted some games and they always come back after I restarted my Ps4.

Ps4 is simple but the notifications are pretty terrible, I just have a standard ps4 not the pro and I havn't noticed any big changes except the horrible notifications which include messages from people years ago and I dont know how to clear them, oh well

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

I saw a huge difference in Borderlands 2 while playing in Boost mode. Now the game has a stable 60 fps.

Way faster ui here

mM

I just don't like it but it's not 'a problem'. That makes it sound like it's broken when it's just simply a design decision a lot of people are not liking. My main problem with it is you can no longer delete what's on the list.

The PS5 Exists. 

Lots of good stuff in the update, notifications not among them. Granted, I barely ever looked at anything other than uploads & downloads, but it still looks a bit messy. Before this update, uploads to Facebook would often not work if you had a bunch of old upload notifications...wonder if that got cleared up, now that we can't delete old notifications any longer...