By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your "10/10" games.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phanton Pain
Dark Souls
Max Payne 1/3
The Sims 2
Dead Space 2
Resident Evil 4
Forza Horizon 1

Mass Effect 1

Need For Speed 2005

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
JinxRake said:

Red Faction

That game is pretty awesome.. it was fun digging tunnels, or shooting rockets upwards and wait for them to fall down at me lol

I never really got into another Red Faction game after the first one. I guess that one just hit a sweet spot no other iteration could.

Also, playing with the glass house was cathartic fun.

Games, for me, are made for fun and also, I don't think a game could ever be flawless, so I consider 10/10 the games that I enjoyed so much that I come back again and again and again and made me forget about their mistakes or simplicity.

SNES
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Mega Man X
Sunset Riders
Top Gear
Super Bomberman 5

PS1
Resident Evil 3
Tekken 3
Twisted Metal 2

Game Cube
Resident Evil Remake

PS2
GTA San Andreas

PC
The Sims 2
Counter Strike 1.6
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

Wii
Kario Kart Wii
House of the Dead: Overkill
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

PS3
Limbo
Last of Us

superchunk said:
Azuren said:

Because jumping from a dash becomes a weird hand position instead of a natural one? The top face button is jump, the bottom face button is sprint... and the only option to change controls is to flip the two buttons. 

So I've tested this and I'm not convinced jumping from a run makes any difference than a walk.

So I've tested this as well, and it breaks the flow of the game (regardless of if it actually helps you jump farther). It's unwieldy button placement, and to say its button placement is fantastic with such a huge flaw is just wrong. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

- Final Fantasy IX

9.5:
- Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
- The Last of Us
- Steins;Gate
- Portal 2

Around the Network

Hmm. A console-by-console breakdown might be best for me too:

PC
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
The Sims 2
Team Fortress 2

PS1
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Future Cop LAPD
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro: Year of the Dragon

PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3
SSX 3
Wild ARMs 3

GC
Pikmin

PS3

LittleBigPlanet
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
WipEout HD/Fury

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy

Vita

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Steins;Gate

Azuren said:
superchunk said:

So I've tested this and I'm not convinced jumping from a run makes any difference than a walk.

So I've tested this as well, and it breaks the flow of the game (regardless of if it actually helps you jump farther). It's unwieldy button placement, and to say its button placement is fantastic with such a huge flaw is just wrong. 

If it has no benefit in the gameplay then the button placement doesn't matter. You run then press jump, there is no need to hold onto the run. Its no different than any other quick succession of button press. 

superchunk said:
Azuren said:

If it has no benefit in the gameplay then the button placement doesn't matter. You run then press jump, there is no need to hold onto the run. Its no different than any other quick succession of button press. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_factors_and_ergonomics

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Well, some of the games hasnt aged well but:

Baldurs Gate II
FF7
FF9
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Shenmue 2
Yakuza 2
Witcher 3
Persona 4
Super mario bros 64
tank 1990 (nes tank game)

Azuren said:
superchunk said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_factors_and_ergonomics

So anytime you have to press buttons in sequence, you are going to call it out as not ergonimic? How do you play any game post-Atari?