By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your "10/10" games.

ManUtdFan said:
nanarchy said:
Only been a gamer for 37 years now so haven't seen a 10/10 game yet. Never seen a game that deserves that rating as it would mean it has nothing you think could have been done better or didn't need fixing.

Multiplayer tho? Separates the players from the nerds :)

I have not seen a multi player or single player game that has come close to 10/10 and I doubt I ever will. If you can think of a flaw in a game but are willing  to overlook it that's fine, but then even in your own mind it isn't 10/10, it is just good enough that you don't care aboutt he faults. The financial realities of game development means they must trade perfection for financial reality, most games go out the door with a huge list of known faults as it doesn't make financial sense to create perfection. plenty of games I would rate above a 9/10 though

Around the Network

None, No games shouldget a 10/10 IMO

nanarchy said:
ManUtdFan said:

Multiplayer tho? Separates the players from the nerds :)

I have not seen a multi player or single player game that has come close to 10/10 and I doubt I ever will. If you can think of a flaw in a game but are willing  to overlook it that's fine, but then even in your own mind it isn't 10/10, it is just good enough that you don't care aboutt he faults. The financial realities of game development means they must trade perfection for financial reality, most games go out the door with a huge list of known faults as it doesn't make financial sense to create perfection. plenty of games I would rate above a 9/10 though

I think it's easier for a multiplayer to hit something close to perfect, for simple reason there's less capacity for game programmers to fuck something up. Think about an online FPS for example. It's really just an arena, so there's no story to fill out with superfluous plot devices, or dodgy AI behaviour.

Perfect Dark
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Bros. 3

ManUtdFan said:
nanarchy said:

I think it's easier for a multiplayer to hit something close to perfect, for simple reason there's less capacity for game programmers to fuck something up. Think about an online FPS for example. It's really just an arena, so there's no story to fill out with superfluous plot devices, or dodgy AI behaviour.

I have played plenty of online multi players, again I will say not one has ever come close to perfect. whether it is faults in network code, latency, game/environment bugs or simply gameplay/balance issues I am not aware of any that come close, if anything multi player is much much harder to be fault free.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger
Mother 3
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Ori and the Blind Forest
Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Can't think of any others right now. I would also give individual Ace Attorney Cases 10/10.

For the folks who refuse to award 10s, why is that? It's not literal perfection, it's just the best of its kind.

Anyway, here's my list, broken down by gen:

Gen 1:
nada

Gen 2:
el zilcho

Gen 3:
Super Mario Bros. 3

Gen 4:
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger

Gen 5:
Super Mario 64
Tomb Raider
Banjo-Kazooie
StarCraft
Metal Gear Solid
Tetris DX
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Gen 6:
Deus Ex
Ico
Halo: Combat Evolved
Metroid Prime
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4
Psychonauts

Gen 7:
BioShock
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

Gen 8:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mario Kart 8

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Red Dead Redemption

I'll play them every year. And they're the only ones that I do. So they're my 10/10. Replayability makes up a part of the /10 score so if that's not there, it ain't 10/10.

But I have been playing GTA V for the past 3 and half years so that's probably pretty close.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles

Breath of the Wild has a solid chance of entering my list as well...but I make habit of not rating games until I complete them. So I'll know sometime next year.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Halo 3
Mass effect 2
Mass effect 3
Kotor
That's it.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.