By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does this site have a mental health thread?

Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Yes 10 33.33%

No 13 43.33%

I'd have to see how it'd work first 7 23.33%

Total:30
Barkley said:

It's maybe a good idea to use the thread to find people who are willing to talk, any actual discussions are best done in private rather than in a thread like this.

Yes, there may be some people who'd prefer to talk in private rather than in a thread. However I still think that a thread on it would be a good idea, and maybe there could be users that would be willing to be something like a "buddy" (i.e. they'd be willing to have a talk with someone with private messages). However, I also know that there's people on this site that are against the idea of safe spaces, which a thread like this would have to be in order to function properly.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if it would work. Remember the relationship thread from last month?

Flilix said:
I'm not sure if it would work. Remember the relationship thread from last month?

Honestly, I don't remember a relationship thread.

VGPolyglot said:
Flilix said:

There was one, people could ask for relationship advice. But I don't think anyone did that. That's why I doubt this thread would work.

Flilix said:
VGPolyglot said:

There was one, people could ask for relationship advice. But I don't think anyone did that. That's why I doubt this thread would work.

Yeah, there'd have be some dedicated people for this to work. However, this one is sounds more broad than the relationship one, so maybe it'll get more traction.

Around the Network

I would read it but not participate much as I doubt I would ask for help. I think most people would prefer to talk through pm or to someone they know

Have you seen Ps3's threads?  Don't do it.

leyendax69 said:
I would read it but not participate much as I doubt I would ask for help. I think most people would prefer to talk through pm or to someone they know

Maybe we can have designated people that are willing to speak to others through PMs if there's people that feel like talking to others.

LivingMetal said:

Have you seen Ps3's threads?  Don't do it.

Yeah, in order for a thread like this to work there'd have to be a way to stop people from trolling/harassing others in it.

Mixed feelings on this. It's a nice enough idea.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."