By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn beats Zelda to No.1 in UK ( PS4’s biggest ever new IP launch)

KazumaKiryu said:
The PS4 Pro is sold out in many stores in UK (& Germany, France, Usa). Really pity, Sony should produce more!

It's definitely not sold out in the UK. It's listed as in stock on Argos , Very, shopto and tesco. 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
bananaking21 said:

i am also looking for where i saw Destiny numbers for its first week. cant seem to find it. 

The only info I can find on Destiny+UC4 numbers is Destiny was the best selling new IP in the UK on ps4 (also from the same source as the article in OP of this thread.)

And Uncharted 4 sold 66% more copies at launch in the UK than Uncharted 3.

No official numbers for either, also I am unsure if MCVUK track digital or not?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231560482&postcount=66

these are based on MCVUK numbers. 

if there are digital sales they usually say so. so these are retail only. 

Ka-pi96 said:

ah, well then assuming the writer of the MCV article is wrong... that's much less impressive. It's competition for that title is now... No Man's Sky & Knack?

to put things in prespectie, it sold around the same of The Last of Us (116k) or even more. plus No Mans Sky did 100k+, so it was pretty big. if it managed to beat TLoU then thats a pretty impressive feat, considering just how much TLoU sold. 

Good for Horizon on its own, but it's not surprising it beat any launch title for a new system, even greatest game of all time Zelda. There's just not enough consoles out there to make the comparison anything more than a traffic generator.

Ka-pi96 said:
danielrdp said:

It's definitely not sold out in the UK. It's listed as in stock on Argos , Very, shopto and tesco. 

It's funny because it's actually out of stock on every single one of those. Maybe actually do some research next time?

Did you think he was talking about Switch?

Because Pro IS in stock at Shopto/Very, haven't checked others.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
danielrdp said:

It's funny because it's actually out of stock on every single one of those. Maybe actually do some research next time?

I did. I'm not gonna copy and paste all the links. But believe me it's in stock. Just check the one below.

http://www.very.co.uk/playstation-4-pro-console-with-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlandsnbspplus-optional-extra-controller-andor-12-months-playstation-network/1600154302.prd?_requestid=136507&Ntt=ps4%20pro

Expected, Nintendo dont have good legs in UK

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Peh said:

Guess which console has the bigger user base at the moment.

54 million customers on PS4 vs 13 million on Wii U and less than 2 million on Switch.

So,  who can sell their software the most?

Shhh... some people need this. 

It was bound to happen in the UK. Nice to see Horizon and Zelda in the top spots. Nice debut for the Switch, doubling the WiiU numbers, in March.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Peh said:

Guess which console has the bigger user base at the moment.

54 million customers on PS4 vs 13 million on Wii U and less than 2 million on Switch.

So,  who can sell their software the most?

Shhh... some people need this. 

Yes, it really looks like it. @.@ 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3