By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone wish Breath of the Wild would double down on survival elements?

Tagged games:

Survival elements in BotW?

Perfect as is 37 56.92%

More, please 4 6.15%

Remove them altogether 12 18.46%

See results 12 18.46%

Total:65
potato_hamster said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually really enjoyed that stuff in MGS3. I liked the trifecta of stealth, survival, and action.

It was just so contrived though. Arrow stuck in your skull? Ohh just pull it out, pour some ointment on it, jam a bandage on it, and eat a calorie mate and you're good as new. It was more realistic than nothing, but it's so unrealistic that it's annoying and tedious because it didn't really do anything meangingful. It was just a zero sum system that didn't really enhance the experience and quickly felt like a chore.

Sure it's a bit unrealistic but I thought it added a lot of depth and challenge to the game. The endurance meter means Snake can't take on too many heavy supplies, can't perform the same strenuous actions again and again. He needs to explore and hunt for food so enemies won't hear his stomach gurgling or so his gun doesn't tremble in his hands. I think it fit with the idea of a soldier dropped in the wilderness and forced to survive. 

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
potato_hamster said:

It was just so contrived though. Arrow stuck in your skull? Ohh just pull it out, pour some ointment on it, jam a bandage on it, and eat a calorie mate and you're good as new. It was more realistic than nothing, but it's so unrealistic that it's annoying and tedious because it didn't really do anything meangingful. It was just a zero sum system that didn't really enhance the experience and quickly felt like a chore.

Sure it's a bit unrealistic but I thought it added a lot of depth and challenge to the game. The endurance meter means Snake can't take on too many heavy supplies, can't perform the same strenuous actions again and again. He needs to explore and hunt for food so enemies won't hear his stomach gurgling or so his gun doesn't tremble in his hands. I think it fit with the idea of a soldier dropped in the wilderness and forced to survive. 

Sure, those parts were fine. The injury component that I was referring to, however, was a bit unnecessary.

Interesting idea, and I could see them doing something like that for the DLC's 'hard mode'. For the base game though, I'd say what there is now is basically perfect.

The good thing is you can get as deep as you want into this survival stuff. There's like hundreds of ingredients to find and a million different combinations on how to cook them, but basically you'd still be fine if all you do is pick apples.

Bajablo said:
vivster said:
No thanks. I already damn the game to hell when it starts raining. Want to climb that mountain right now? Fuck you! Want to finish this golem who you started to fight in sunny weather? Fuck You!

bomb arrows.. get güd... no but seriously.. bomb arrows

Now that you mention bomb arrows, try to make a shot on the Death Mountain with them XD

Wright said:
Cloudman said:

That's awesome!!! I can't wait to do that!

Hope you can redecorate the house and put furniture!

I hope so too! That would be awesome!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Bajablo said:

bomb arrows.. get güd... no but seriously.. bomb arrows

Now that you mention bomb arrows, try to make a shot on the Death Mountain with them XD

i have a feeling they might explode cause everything burns over there :P

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

no way, it is perfect the way it is, never seen myself die so much

(Switch friend code SW-4384-8283-7514 add me, and if you plan on getting nba 2k18 for Switch make sure you definitely add me)