By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New PC/TV 4k ERROR *No Signal*

Hello PC gamers,

Good news and Bad news

THE GOOD

I have finally upgraded my PC to the latest, something that finally tops my Laptop in power. I have also updated my TV to a 4k SUHD Samsung 8 Series.

(I know there are afew on this site that dont believe it when someone says they brought something, i dont normally post photos on the internet with my personal belongings, just saying. anyway on more important matters)

My PC is fitted with the Primary i7700k CPU, a Gigabyte Geforce GTX1080, 16gigs of DDR4 3000 Corsair Ram, a Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K3 Motherboard.

THE BAD

The big problem i have right now is i dont get a Signal from my PC to TV at all.. i have tried changing HDMI cables (2.0) i have also tried changing HDMI ports and the only way to get a signal to the TV is by plugging my PC through my Pioneer 5.1 AMP Sound System however by doing that my PC seems to be locked at 30hz.. and the only way to get 60hz is by changing the Display Settings to 1080p (Yuck) haha.

I have plugged the PC in 2 different Monitors, and a Hisense 4k TV and seems to work fine. With the Samsung.. its another story, i dont even get a flicker on the screen, just a No SIgnal message telling me to plug something into the Port. Now the Samsung TV does work with my Laptop and my old AMD PC perfectly fine.

What i have done wrong? I called Nvidea, they have no idea why its not getting a Picture. I have called Samsung, they sent a Tech over and they have no clue why its not getting a Signal. Whos fault is it? Is it the TVs fault or the PCs? Both devices work with everything else, just not eachother when plugged directly.

Both PC and TV have been updated to the latest firmware.

Curious to know if this has happen to anyone else when connecting there PC to a Samsung 4k TV?

Around the Network

i have this issue sometimes, just unplug the TV and let it power off (you will hear some capacitors discharge)
so: pull plug, wait 10seconds ish and then plug it back in.

hope that works on your model aswell

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

if that doesn't work. try and send out a different signals from the computer.  edit: not just 4k, try 1080 etc. etc.
and see if you have some pre-defined settings on the HDMI port on the TV, sometimes the handshake thing goes to hell and the TV gets bricked from signal inputs, or they have conflicting settings and nothing shows bc. of that

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

You could try to connect your HDMI cable to onboard HDMI output on your PC (not GTX's) and test the signal with TV that way. It should support 2160p@24.

I had a Bluray player that wouldn't give a signal to one of my Samsung TV's, had to plug it back into another TV (also a samsung) and change some video output settings to get it work.

So some Samsung TV's can be a bit picky, my advice would be to just keep changing video output settings on a different display then try plugging it into the Samsung, once it actually displays then you can change it to the settings you actually want...

Around the Network

There is a common misconception that all HDMI cables are created equal. they're not. Get a cable that says "4K" or "2160P".

Have you tried lowering the resolution for the TV? I got this issue when I tried to push too high bandwidth through the cable. If you get a signal at 1080p that's probably it. Then try to lower the color range or Hz at 4k and see if that helps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bajablo said:
i have this issue sometimes, just unplug the TV and let it power off (you will hear some capacitors discharge)
so: pull plug, wait 10seconds ish and then plug it back in.

hope that works on your model aswell

Yeah thats was the first thing i tried, unfortuantly to no success.

antigin said:
You could try to connect your HDMI cable to onboard HDMI output on your PC (not GTX's) and test the signal with TV that way. It should support 2160p@24.

Yeah i tried plugging the HDMI into the motherboard. No go.

TEAMSWITCHER said:
There is a common misconception that all HDMI cables are created equal. they're not. Get a cable that says "4K" or "2160P".

I tried many different types, even ones that the PC shop recommanded for 4k. The current Cable im using is the Belkin Ultimate Series with Ethernet which states 4k on the box.

vivster said:
Have you tried lowering the resolution for the TV? I got this issue when I tried to push too high bandwidth through the cable. If you get a signal at 1080p that's probably it. Then try to lower the color range or Hz at 4k and see if that helps.

At the moment i am using the PC at 1080p/60hz running through the AMP. However i need the PC to run directly into the TV for a better Picture since my AMP isnt doing the PC justice. Any other Resolution i change to, it will only give the option to 30hz.

If i plugged directly into the TV it wont give a picture and i cant access the options. The PC is normally set to default 3840/2160. Only way to change that is by running it into the AMP to get a picture, than all i can get is 60hz at 1080p. Everything else is 30hz which is strange.

Okey how far away is your TV from your PC?

Basically I want to know the HDMI cable length you are trying with that Samsung TV.

Zones said:
Okey how far away is your TV from your PC?

Basically I want to know the HDMI cable length you are trying with that Samsung TV.

2 Metres