By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Race mixing = killing diversity

Around the Network

That's a pretty weak argument.
In the first panels he made an effort to go to other countries, and in the second, he didn't even bother making friends with different people.

I dont know what you are talking about, the only panel about "race mixing" is the left panel.

As someone married to someone of a completely different race: bugger off with your nonsense.

It's funny that the race mixing is associated with "making" the guy a white supremacist, when the kkk generally has ties to the midwest (the least proportion of racial diversity), and the confederate south.

Around the Network

I have to agree. We can't end up with a future of all identities mushed together. How boring. I want all countries unique identities to live on!

This is fucking moronic. People don't stop practicing culture because their surroundings are diversified.

Homogenized != Uniformized.

Culture can flourish outside of its bassin. The biggest scene for classical european music is in Asia, people in the West have learned to appreciate asian martial arts.

This comic pretends that a globalized world will have everyone just standing around.

Instead, you will find all the activities from the left pannel in a single large city.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Gourmet said:

Multiculturalism allows you to choose from a larger pool of cultural activites. National identity is perhaps lost, but it lets individuals form a more prominent identity inside their society. You are different from the people that surround you - because, let's say, you like playing Majong, love Opera and western movies, and play cricket. 

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

No... Diversity is also created by the meeting of two cultures.

Kerotan said:
I have to agree. We can't end up with a future of all identities mushed together. How boring. I want all countries unique identities to live on!

My argument would be that we are not uniformizing countries, but rather de-uniformizing individuals within a country. Not all germans need to love soccer and beer.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva: