By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have Missions, not Achievements?

So I've done some digging and I found this:

Nintendo has decided to forgo the standard in game achievements/trophies that next generation consoles have implemented. Similar to Nintendo’s mobile games, all 1st party Nintendo games will be added to My Nintendo missions on the release date of each game. 

http://nintendoswitchmissions.com/

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

My only mission is to play breath of the wild 100 hours straight

RIP Kapi

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So, instead of accomplishing missions for some sort of achievement, you'll complete objectives to win silver MyNintendo points? Also, is this page in any way official?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Will that be enough to satisfy kapi? Only time will tell......

Around the Network

This is cool. Judging from the smartphone games, it's kind of like achievements, but you can get small "rewards".

My Nintendo missions rather than normal achievements?

D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It should be fine if 3rd party devs can access them, and if they can be accessed on the system.

I would have preferred a trophy system tbh. But i do like that getting coins for these missions can be used for actual rewards. Problem i have is that they are first party games only (presumably)), and they really have to step up the rewards. Very little incentive form me to collect them at the moment.

And like someone else said, it would be cool to have a way for others to see your missions completed.

From what little I've looked at the "coins" in my Nintendo is that only game purchases give you coins to get deals on other games.
The coins you earn playing a game can only be used in that game. You know like the coins you get in Fire Emblem, you can use to buy feathers and such.