By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Announces New Game Based on James Cameron's Avatar from The Division Developer

Tagged games:

Ubisoft has announced that The Division developer Massive Entertainment is currently working on a game based on the world of James Cameron’s Avatar.

Massive is working alongside Fox Interactive and James Cameron’s studio Lightstorm Entertainment, and the game will be built in the Snowdrop engine that powered The Division. Ubisoft said the game will be headed to PC and consoles, but didn’t name any specific platforms yet.

No plot details were revealed, but Ubisoft said in a statement that the game “will continue to expand and deepen in the Avatar universe in exciting and innovative ways along with the films.”

“With the power of Massive’s Snowdrop game engine and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life,” Cameron said in a video accompanying the announcement.

No release date has been announced yet, nor has a specific title or any details about gameplay.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/28/ubisoft-announces-new-game-based-on-james-cameronas-avatar-from-the-division-developer

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Hype level 0.

Really have no interest in James Camerons world.

Is anyone still interested in Avatar? Seems like one of those things that exploded when it came out, but had little to none staying power.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ubisoft Announces New Game...

...Based on James Cameron's Avatar...

...from The Division Developer

I'm sure it will be a thoroughly decent game that i'll watch a trailer of at some point.

Around the Network

With the Ground Control or World in Conflict developer. Alright, i'll wait for a gameplay trailer.

I assume this is being done in step with the next film. The idea isn't doing much for me atm, but I am at least curious to see how it will look.

Well at least going by the original movie, there'll be a lot of cool stuff to do, supposing they keep the dragons, mechs, quadcopters and stuff