By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Free Radical: PC and 360 Haze "aren't being worked upon"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186033

Haze script writer Rob Yescombe has dismissed all speculation that Haze would become anything but a PlayStation 3 exclusive, running contrary to earlier reports by Ubisoft that Haze was a PS3 exclusive just "for now".

"Those other versions aren't being worked upon," Yescombe responded when queried about the possibility of future PC and Xbox 360 versions.

"It's PS3 exclusive," he added.

Yescombe also stated that he wasn't worried about the limitations of a single-platform release and the size of PS3's install base.

"Now they've [gamers] got a reason to buy a PlayStation 3, haven't they?" he said. "I would hope that Haze would motivate people to decide what console they would want to get."

Look for the full interview in the next couple of days on CVG.

Around the Network

Well that's good for PS3 owners because that means someone other than the first and second party developers will take advantage of the hardware (which is almost always absent from multi-plats :/ ). I have a really innate feeling that Haze is going to be godlike for an FPS. ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I want to play Haze as much as anybody, but who is that guy kidding? Does he really think Haze is going to sway people into buying a PS3? Get real. It's still going to be an awesome game however.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It should be a thorughly decent game, system seller no. The 360 and PC versions do exsist then, I reckon the game will go multiplatform eventually.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
It should be a thorughly decent game, system seller no. The 360 and PC versions do exsist then, I reckon the game will go multiplatform eventually.

I love how they go out of their way to say that it's exclusive and all you get out of it is that it's multiplat. >_<

Around the Network
elnino334 said:

Haze script writer Rob Yescombe has dismissed all speculation that Haze would become anything but a PlayStation 3 exclusive, running contrary to earlier reports by Ubisoft that Haze was a PS3 exclusive just "for now".

"Those other versions aren't being worked upon," Yescombe responded when queried about the possibility of future PC and Xbox 360 versions.

Yescombe also stated that he wasn't worried about the limitations of a single-platform release and the size of PS3's install base.

"Now they've [gamers] got a reason to buy a PlayStation 3, haven't they?" he said. "I would hope that Haze would motivate people to decide what console they would want to get."

Maybe its cause the 360/PC versions have been finished since Fall 07..?

:p

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

well, they can still make some Xbox360 version for FFXIII/MGS4 or other (I dont believe but let's imagine). They will release them in about 1 years later and sell some more copies.
but
at the end, the PS3 will benefit from these games and the Xbox360 will not (old hardcore games release dont boost the hardware sales)

Time to Work !

gebx said:
elnino334 said:

Maybe its cause the 360/PC versions have been finished since Fall 07..?

:p

All kidding aside, the way he worded his answer is interesting.  Most developers would say, "we have no plans to produce a PC or XBox 360 version."  Instead, he said, "those other versions aren't being worked upon."  Sneaky way to give a non-answer.

I think a multi-plat Haze will come about if it does poorly on the PS3 (Which I think It will do) I most definetley think it'll have a PC release.

Well I love the Free Radical games so I hope this will be good;..

Edit: I prefered TIMESPLITTERS 4 THOUGH..