By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What will you do after you're dead?

If by chance against all the evidence there is an after-life I think I'm going to kick god in the nuts if he has any.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:

If by chance against all the evidence there is an after-life I think I'm going to kick god in the nuts if he has any.

Methinks, if there turns out to be an afterlife, that's probably the one thing you shouldn't do lol

I chose the ultra boring afterlife. A hard grinding mmo populated by the only people crazy enough to choose it.

I think it was a mistake but as, like all of us, I erased almost all my memories of my ultra technological god-like space adventuring existence, I don't know what I missed or what possessed me to opt for the relatively meek virtual existence I endure now.

I would obviously create a heaven for me. No matter what you try heaven itself means the best place to be so a place where I can eat as much as I want without any excretions go where I want without getting tired no need for oxygen control gravity can go as fast as I want. Have great video games to play and also play fun sports like tennis and football(the real one not the american one) have great friends and all the natural beauty there is. But I'm not the type who wants to live a long life and my mind is a messed up whirlpool of confusion and emotion and evil and sadness as well hope and goodness with a council of voices screaming all the time and every decision is an indecision so if my mind creates a simulated universe its gonna be so wacky that physicists won't be able to find any law that works with it

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Johnw1104 said:
bonzobanana said:

Methinks, if there turns out to be an afterlife, that's probably the one thing you shouldn't do lol

If there is an afterlife then God will probably not be sending him to the nice place to begin with. If the afterlife exists then many of us are screwed since none of us clearly know which afterlife is the real one. E.g if the Hindus are correct our clown friend might be a dog or cockroach in the afterlife but if Christianity Judaism or Islam are correct he'll be brining in hell

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Qwark said:
DroidKnight said:

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, your brain and body is a powerhouse, when you die where does it go?  If it can be held together in an other form......?

My body and brain use food )and water) as fuell to do things since I am not eating while I am dead and my body isn´t processing food and that energy is simply stored within me for bacteria to feast on. So that they may live, move and do stuff. So my answer is the energy my body and brain contains simply stays within me. If you would nurn me my energetic potential would still be pretty high.

As soon as you die your brain and body ceases to process food and water (fuel), the powerplant then powers down, you are not a battery that stores the energy to charge other devices.  The brain sends electrical impulses to the body through neurons firing and this ceases through the death process.  You seem to be talking about the nutrients contained within our skin, muscles, tissue, bone, and fluids that bacteria, microbes, mites, bugs, worms, and the symbionic organisms that exist on and outside of us and within us that will continue to feed upon us.  The nutrients and sustenance will be transferred to these other organisms but what about all that energy that we consist of that turns off at death?  Our conscience?  What some may call the soul?  It's there...science says it's there (even though it still isn't fully understood).  Religion does not grant us the ability to reason or have cognitive thought, so I'm not trying to introduce it other than the soul comment (but was only using it to describe what I'm talking about by the only name that this energy or force has been given).  I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on your take a little further.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

John2290 said:
Qwark said:

I decompose until there is nothing left of me. As for my soul I don't believe in such things as a soul or ghost or an afterlife or reincarnation. So I live I die and I stay dead for all eternity. Which is probably a good thing for everyone besides myself.

You believe that the brain is a complex stucture of neurons. Lets say tech advances to the point we can copy that structure into a digital space and on your death bed you choose to enter a simulation....read the OP fr further elaboration. What vodoo do you do, do when you go to the "afterlife" or simulation?

You say not to over think this yet your comment mentions "voodoo" (see your OP about religion) and then you mention a simulation regarding digital space and or existence within it and the ability to choose it through technological advances that can convert our memorys and present thought, and being into binary code for a digital upload into a storage and processing unit?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Johnw1104 said:
bonzobanana said:

Eagle367 said:
Johnw1104 said:

If there is an afterlife then God will probably not be sending him to the nice place to begin with. If the afterlife exists then many of us are screwed since none of us clearly know which afterlife is the real one. E.g if the Hindus are correct our clown friend might be a dog or cockroach in the afterlife but if Christianity Judaism or Islam are correct he'll be brining in hell

If an "all knowing God" exists, then would the knowledge of all that is and all that will be, already be known to this being?  The nut kick would be dodged and or countered, or not need be at all. But if all that is or will be, is already cast, so that your left path chosen or your right path chosen is already known or predetermined (fate) then all the future is, is the further rung out on the record that hasn't been played yet by the needle.

Eagle367 said:
I would obviously create a heaven for me. No matter what you try heaven itself means the best place to be so a place where I can eat as much as I want without any excretions go where I want without getting tired no need for oxygen control gravity can go as fast as I want. Have great video games to play and also play fun sports like tennis and football(the real one not the american one) have great friends and all the natural beauty there is. But I'm not the type who wants to live a long life and my mind is a messed up whirlpool of confusion and emotion and evil and sadness as well hope and goodness with a council of voices screaming all the time and every decision is an indecision so if my mind creates a simulated universe its gonna be so wacky that physicists won't be able to find any law that works with it

If you have the ability to create heavens, are you taking requests?  

I'll save the Earth from the Sun.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.