By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Zelda BotW Review in and...its Not Looking Good...

bigtakilla said:
Not only did they give Skyward Sword a perfect score,but they also gave Twilight Princess a 90. I'm starting to believe their score.

Skyward Sword is a 10 for a lot of people. Just like majora's mask (or even more), it's punished because it does something different with the zelda formula and obviously that causes a lot of mixed reaction within the fanbase, that doesn't change the quality of the game.

Around the Network

Pretty cover.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Miyamotoo said:
vivster said:
It's Edge, they always rate the opposite of everyone else. Looks like BOTW is doomed.

Oh relly!?

Previous Edge 10s for comparison:

Super Mario 64
Gran Turismo
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Halo: Combat Evolved
Half-Life 2
Halo 3
The Orange Box
Super Mario Galaxy
Grand Theft Auto IV
LittleBigPlanet
Bayonetta
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Rock Band 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Last of Us
Grand Theft Auto V
Bayonetta 2
Bloodborne

How the hell did Skyward Sword get at 10?

Fake media! Media is the enemy of the gamers. Can't be trusted :P
Actually, this is great news! :)

Ljink96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Oh relly!?

Previous Edge 10s for comparison:

Super Mario 64
Gran Turismo
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Halo: Combat Evolved
Half-Life 2
Halo 3
The Orange Box
Super Mario Galaxy
Grand Theft Auto IV
LittleBigPlanet
Bayonetta
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Rock Band 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Last of Us
Grand Theft Auto V
Bayonetta 2
Bloodborne

How the hell did Skyward Sword get at 10?

27 perfect scores on metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/critic-reviews

Around the Network

Zelda BotW will be a great game. I can't wait to play it after Nier, Nioh and HZD. So many great games to play.

I just realized I'll be in the UK by the end of March, so I'll definitely be looking for the March issue of Edge, I really like the cover art and it doesn't happen frequently that a Zelda game is reviewed

bigtakilla said:
Not only did they give Skyward Sword a perfect score,but they also gave Twilight Princess a 90. I'm starting to believe their score.

Yep, and I totally agree with those scores. I still think that SS is a masterpiece, and TP is actually a more flawed game. Not a popular opinion maybe, but it's mine XD.

They gave Skyward Sword a 10/10 too. While it not a bad game at all, it's absolutely not perfect and possibly the least liked Zelda game. There might be some Zelda bias at EDGE.

what's with the click-bait title?

anyway, good to see the first review is positive.